01 October, 2015

How I See Autumn

This is a graph that I update daily.  I keep track of temperatures: average, highs and lows.  Plus I match everything up to last year's temps.

Why, you say?  Because I've fallen in love with Patty O'Malley and Sweetie. And they do NOT live inside.  And even though they have insulated shelters, and good food and water MORE than twice a day, the upcoming cold starts putting worry lines on my forehead.  For them.

I've tried every day to coax them up the stairway on the back of the house, with little success.  They just don't understand what I'm asking them to do. Patty has managed to jump up to Step #4, but he only looks at the ramp and turns around again.  I may have to do some serious begging, to get The Hubby to reconstruct the ramp portion, making it more like steps:
He, rightfully so, has doubts about the wisdom of trying to get the 'O' cats inside.  Even in their own closed off room.  How will it effect Angel and Chuck?  I try to tell him, that it will matter to the 'I' cats only if we humans make a big deal out of it.  However, I think he hears my voice like WAH WAH WAH, as in the old Peanuts cartoon TV specials when adults talked. The Hubby is focused on Chuck; his health, the remaining time we have with him.  Chuck comes first; everything else is secondary.  And I feel the same, and yet I know that snow is just right around the corner.

In the meantime, I hear the wind blowing and watch the leaves fall. Because I go inside every night, while one half of my cat family stays outside.  I dream of sleeping with these cats, and hope to make it a reality. Until then, I update my temperature chart, and hide my worries under my hat.  


7 comments:

  1. You are so sweet and caring for all your kitties. I hope Patty and Sweetie will reach the space you got for them before cold winter arrives. I'm sure once they know it's there, they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We understand about the worry. Maybe when the outside guys can feel the warmth from their special room, it will help lure them up the stairs. Plus, food... really good stinky food to help them see where they need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys...high paws & head bonx two yur mom FOR carin....may her bee blessed ten fold just for it...we R sorree we haz noe suggestionz ....we wunder what it iz bout de "ramp" it self....purrhaps de angle????

    any way patty & sweetie....get ta checkin out de ramp....ther'z a MEGA KEWL SURPRIZE at de end........troo lee...☺

    heerz two a frigate mackerull kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, wish I could give you a solution. I know it's easy to say not to worry but just think of how better off they are now from before you began to love on them and you'll know they'll be fine no matter what. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would placing single treats up the ramp encourage them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you worry when half your kitty family is outside all the time. I pray they will find their way inside and that it won't bother Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patience on the ramp. Hopefully in time they will come in. I think I suggested before lining the ramp with sisal or carpet, so they can grab onto it as they climb. And leaving a trail of treats up the ramp? You built them a lovely kitty condo last year. Hopefully they will use that anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....