01 December, 2015

When I get home...

I am the primary cat food distributor in the house.  The Hubby subs for me if I'm out late at work, or when I take my annual girls-only long weekends in the summer.  Therefore, when I step in the front door after work, this is Angel and Chuck's cue to start dancing for their dinner.

During the recent Thanksgiving holiday, I was home four days in a row.  With shopping and visiting family, I was in and out of the house quite a bit. However, even when I arrived home at 2:30 pm, the cats went into their begging mode, as if it was dinner time!  They kept at it for as long as it took for me to cave in and feed 'em.  Then, of course, they were hungry before bedtime, and tried for more food then.  I ended up dishing out venison and green pea so many times, that the kitchen sink filled up with used, empty bowls, and thats when The Hubby started to yowl too!

Being back to the usual work schedule has put an end to this dance.  And did I mention that Chuck won't eat all of his meal, until I put sprinkles on it? "Sprinkles" is our word for nutritional yeast, which is powdery, flaky stuff, Parmesan cheese-like.  I've been mixing it into the 'o' cat's food, and learned that it was a great way to encourage Chuck to eat when he was off his feed while sick.  Now, he'll eat about 1/3 of his meal, then step away until I 'sprinkle' the bowl with a pinch of yeast.  Angel makes a sweet 'meow' as I sprinkle her food too.  Do these two (or is it really four?) cats have me wrapped around their paws or what!?!

Feed me, Mama!

11 comments:

  1. Oh they own you. Totally. Same at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours too! In fact, it was just today that my mom told me "You snooze, you lose" when it comes to my special feeding schedule (which had been totally thrown off). What I had been doing was nibbling a little, walking away, coming back, nibbling more, walking away...you know, over and over. Well, now it's back to the old rules--I get two chances to eat what's been put out and if not, then Elliott gets a treat. I'm not sure that's quite fair but he does have that ear thing going on, so maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I LOVE that sprinkles thing! You go, Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah!
    Moms are so easy to train. heeheehee
    We only get two meals a day, but then there are treats.
    Mom likes the yeast idea and might try it :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you spoil them, all cats should be so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They definitely own you...and we own our mom the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chuck and Angel have you trained really well. Raven has done the same with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...the things we do for our pets :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Sounds like Chuck and Angel win the gold at training!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....