17 October, 2017

A Vacation With No Cats

My weekend trip was wonderful!  But...I saw NO CATS!  Lots of dogs, and they were everywhere.

However, I managed to find some art cats; the sachets were in the gift shop at the The Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point, Michigan, and the spoon caddy was from Mackinaw Bakery in Mackinaw City, Michigan.

Cat Spoon Caddy

Lavender Drawer Sachets

Close up of caption

Close up of caption
Also, this cat-face coat on the passenger next to me on our horse-drawn taxi ride.

Girl's coat on Mackinac Island
I took many, many photos; the autumn colors are amazing, and the weather was both beautifully calm, and blowing and wet.  Here are a few:












Had a lovely time; a fantastic trip to enjoy Mother Nature in all of her splendor.

And look what greeted me when I stepped in the front door!

Angel and Chuck, sharing the double-wide scratcher together!
The Hubby said that Angel and Chuck began sitting side-by-side over the weekend, and I had to snap a photo even though it was too dark.  Gosh, I go away for a couple-three days, and the world turns on it's head!  Jiminy Crickets! 

17 comments:

  1. awesum fotoz yur mom got guys ! we like de waterz one for sure...wunder why ~~~~~~~ glad her hada grate time ! :) ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you had a good time! And of course, the felines do something unexpected while you are gone, that's what makes them kittehs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. Unfortunately, we had a dry fall so we don't have good fall colors here. Nice finds on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a very pretty place and Angel and Chuck are chillaxin' mighty fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great photos. So pretty and nice and the last one is the best. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This place looks so awesome! :O <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos. The mom loves the UP...it's been years since she's been there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved each and all of those photos and certainly the items cat themed you found and shared with us. Your babies are thesweetest part of the trip I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy you. As kids, we went to the UP every couple years (I include Mackinaw Island and Mackinaw City in this too) - but I haven't been since 2004. I love the Great Lakes region - so much to see - so much beauty. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip ... and the cats are just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dream until your dreams come true...we love that and the cat coat the little girl is wearing.
    Looks like your fall colors were quite pretty
    Hugs Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great trip. Very sweet photo of Angel and Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at those two babies! Bet they were very happy to see you!

    We love all your photos and glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous fall photos ! What a beautiful place ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool pictures. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A trip without cats is not the same. I'm glad you encountered some cool cat lady items :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun to find the kitties cozied up together. Must be the cooler weather. Your nature photos are lovely. Mommy particularly liked the one with the rocks. She's goofy sometimes. She and Dad always look for kitties when they are away as well. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love cute cat finds! What beautiful photos, too!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....