September 8 is Star Trek Day!
A few sillies that made me spit out my tea...
😹 😹 😹
Have been a fan of TOS (The Original Series) since my family and I watched the reruns in the mid-1960's. Yeah, yeah, don't break your fingers calculating my age!
I can catch a few seconds of an episode, and know which one it is, and The Hubby will testify that I know dialogue too.
A favorite game that I play, is watching old western TV shows, such as:
Have Gun Will Travel
Lawman
Laramie
Bat Masterson
The Rifleman
and then pointing out actors who also had roles on Star Trek.
Creator Gene Roddenberry was quoted as saying that he wanted to make a western in space, or a Wagon Train to the stars, so naturally, the cast included the actors who were around.
🌟 🤠🌟
#1 says that she discovered Star Trek TOS around 1968/1969 and then never looked back!
ReplyDeleteI love Captain Archie Bunker.
ReplyDeleteMy mother absolutely love this TV show right until her last day on earth. Originally I enjoyed watching it the first few years but then I lost track of it.
ReplyDeleteAbby Normal!
ReplyDeleteI loved Star Trek and I love all those westerns too. Hubby has all the Have Gun will Travel shows.
ReplyDeleteI linked this post to Happy Tuesday.
Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
fun memories ~ where does the time go '~ eh? ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the original series too and I watched all of the westerns too!
ReplyDeleteAnd to think it struggled constantly for ratings. I think the 1970s were much more amenable to science fiction than were the '60s, at least on tv.
ReplyDeleteoriginal cast was the BEST cast….have the entire series and all the movies on DVD. the cartoons are funny 😸‼️ if you get a chance, google : spock telling kirk he upgraded the ship to run on herbs…🤣🤣🤣
ReplyDeleteGROAN!!!
DeleteThat's a clever game! thanks for the trivia and funnies. Be well!
ReplyDeleteI sort of prefer the westerns...a lot of the peeps where I work have thwestern channel turned on...I never hardly have the TV on at home, LOL!
ReplyDeleteThose are funny!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby has been a trekkie since the beginning. XO
ReplyDeleteThere’s nothing like it, is there. Live Long and Prosper!
ReplyDeleteWow, 60 years? It's a show that spawned so much creativity and imagination. The meme with Archie Bunker in the captain's chair is so funny!
ReplyDelete