Books are by far the best sort of entertainment. I mean where else do you get to be absorbed into the action on your own terms, and get to visualise the characters to your own taste. Better yet are the books we write ourselves and share globally... Have a wonderful and well-read week! ERin
Just beginning a series of books on "wolves", hope with my difficulty in maintaining focus I will get through these ... and "re-reading" old favorites.
Dang. Mom reads every single day no matter what. When she was working and on 16 hr. shifts, she'd get into bed with just a few hours to sleep...and that paperback in her hands. Within probably 2 minutes the book fell forward onto Admiral. Mom was sound asleep. Books also crashed onto ME too!
If there's a book being read at my house, it's my parents. If there's a book being shred, it's me.
ReplyDeleteBooks are by far the best sort of entertainment. I mean where else do you get to be absorbed into the action on your own terms, and get to visualise the characters to your own taste.
ReplyDeleteBetter yet are the books we write ourselves and share globally...
Have a wonderful and well-read week!
ERin
Just beginning a series of books on "wolves", hope with my difficulty in maintaining focus I will get through these ... and "re-reading" old favorites.
ReplyDeleteA great book is great entertainment especially in bad weather. Too hot too cold too wet, give me a book.
ReplyDeleteAll that one needs for happiness is a Cat and a good Book (and some nice Music in the background, of course).
ReplyDeleteI've got one to finish later, after the laundry is done. Dobby's Mum.
ReplyDeleteHappy Reading on Book Day everyone!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your reading!
ReplyDeleteI prefer listening to books. Happy Book Day!
ReplyDeleteCats and books...bliss!
ReplyDeleteDang. Mom reads every single day no matter what. When she was working and on 16 hr. shifts, she'd get into bed with just a few hours to sleep...and that paperback in her hands. Within probably 2 minutes the book fell forward onto Admiral. Mom was sound asleep. Books also crashed onto ME too!
ReplyDeleteIt would take my long comment. Maybe too long...
ReplyDeleteHow a society treats animals and the poor, and how and what it reads, says everything about it.
ReplyDeleteI try to read every day, but I had my great nephew here so had to skip it today and I am too tired now. :)
ReplyDeleteWe feel like everyday is read a book here!
ReplyDeleteNever stop reading, never stop learning.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the info about songbirds and lights at night!
I agree. Our outdoor lights are supposed to be motion activated but have been staying on all night. Be well, my dear!
Delete