Thursday, September 03, 2026

Wins

A few recent wins that I am thankful for:

The Hubby and I walked to the farmer's market, and I was treated to the largest hot Earl Grey tea they have at a local coffee shop: The Black Cat.  The Hubby had cataract surgery on his left eye last week, and the right eye will be next week, and he's doing fabulously enough to walk with me.

My 'hood friend Sly is thin under that fur, yet he still greets me whenever I come near.

I have new ink, and have two completed sleeves.  The watermelon slice and Sherlock Holmes are easy to understand.  The diamond shapes are an adaptation of Irish neolithic petroglyph designs. 

After searching for a year, I found a new mug that holds 14 oz. of hot beverage, has a handle that fits my hand, and keeps the drink warm longer that other mugs.

Henry makes me happy, as he's gotten comfortable with his inside existence.

Chili Bruce enjoys summer sunpuddles, while stretched out on the Pink Blue chair on the south side of the house.

Manny hides his face, as he spills out of his beddy, on the north side of the house.

❤️❤️❤️

Let's Hop!


14 comments:

  1. Wishing your husband all the best with his procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news abvout your hubby. My sister had both eyes done a few weekd=s ago, I wouldn't want to do it that way...but she is doing well.
    Glasd Henry is doing well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor henry, if he was still outside I'm afraid he'd been dead long long ago. So wonderful you're taking such great care of him. Enjoy the new mug, I know what it's like to try to find something to fit your hand and keep your hot beverage hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eberrything izza good in your werld. love the petroglyph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have Sly's parents ever come out? Anyway to find out his age and how he is? Bless him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his parents and I chat often. Sly is 18 years old, and they say he's eating well and still jumps onto their bed every night. There is an underlying illness that they told me about years ago, and I've forgotten it. I just love that he recognizes me, and the I can give him loves and smoochies.

      Delete
  6. Glad hubby is doing well after cataract surgery ~ Love all the sweet kitties ~
    Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for tea and I'm happy to hear that hubby's first surgery went well. Sly is still a handsome dude and Henry always is adorable! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Black Cat? What a WONDERFUL name for a shop. Peepers likes Earl Grey tea, too. That and China Black Rose (or various other names) are her faves. Me? I'm partial to Nip tea, myself. PURRS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful thankfuls. I hope Sly's owner took him to the vet. He could be hyperthyroid. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your husband did well with the cataract surgery and hope the next one goes as well.

    Sly is very handsome, the cup sounds perfect and your cats are always a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I don't check my blogs for a couple of days, I miss a lot. Cataract surgery may be routine, but it's only routine for the surgeons. I'm glad everything is going well for the Hubby. And good old Sly: I wish I looked as good at that equivalent age.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....