Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Autumnal Blogoversary

Tonight is the Autumnal Equinox for us in Michigan!

Eastern Daylight Time (EDT - US/Canada): Tuesday, September 22 at 8:04 P.M.
Pacific Daylight Time (PDT - US/Canada): Tuesday, September 22 at 5:04 P.M.
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): Wednesday, September 23 at 00:05 A.M.
British Summer Time (BST - UK): Wednesday, September 23 at 1:05 A.M.
Japan Standard Time (JST - Japan): Wednesday, September 23 at 9:05 A.M.
Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST - Sydney): Wednesday, September 23 at 10:05 A.M.

🍁🍂🍁


🍂 🍁 🍂

Today is our blogoversary; my first blog post was on September 22, 2013.

How can that be?!?!? ⏳

Am beyond thankful for every follower and commenter, and for the wonderful kindness shown for our cats.

Have curtailed some of my blogging activities this summer to streamline laptop time.

Years ago, I began sending emails to family and friends with cute cat stories, then discovered blogging.

And it was The Ghost Cat who truly fired my imagination to want to post about our lives with cats.

Ghost Cat statue, left by a kind neighbor on our deck when she didn't get an answer to knocking at the door. 

When I sat down with The 'O' Cats that night, I saw a white cat in the dark.

Thinking it was a new stray, I made smoochy noises and talked to the white cat, but it didn't move a muscle.

And it sorta glowed; creepy!

Not until I screwed up my courage to get closer, did I figure out it was a statue that I'd never seen before.

I was rattled, but it's a pretty funny story now.

😹 😹 😹

35 comments:

  1. Wishing a happy beginning of autumn and blogiversary to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for autumn, and it really does feel like it! Happy Blogoversary , too!
    I love your Ghost cat! That Is a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogging anniversary. Precious and I are fairly new to you but we have enjoyed the last couple of years very much. I'm not liking the introduction to Autumn. Cold wet rain for the second day in a row with a high of 57.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I'm not a fan of Autumn or Winter but what can one do?

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed that story. Sounds like something that would have happened to me! (but didn't...could have though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought for a moment that it was a ghost!

      Delete
  5. Still too hot and very VERY humid here. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in a cool snap, but temps going back up in a few days.

      Delete
  6. Happy blogoversary!! I enjoy reading every day and I don't remember reading about the ghost cat before (maybe my bad memory?) but that is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Concatulations' on your 13th blogoversary. We are very thrilled that autumn has arrived after a way too hot of a summer. We think this is the best season and are looking forward to a golden balance with the weather. Happy Blogoversary! 😻

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Thirteen years, and a lot of stories about cats. And Ghost Cat is kind of odd-looking, but we don't mind the odd-looking cats in the Blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see why, in the dark, I was unsure what I was looking at. And thanks.

      Delete
  9. i wish sumwun wood leave a ghost cat inna owr yard

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fall. I really love fall.

    ♪♫Happy Blogoversary to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Blogoversary to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Blogoversary Dear Eastside Cats,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Blogoversary to you.♪♫

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogoversary from all of us!!! That is such a fun story about the Ghost Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, fall is upon us. The time when the air is chilly even though the sun may be hot. And squirrels throw acorns at us. MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pesky squirrels! They jump on the window screens too.

      Delete
  13. happee blog annie fur sarry guyz and ghost cat two….13 izza GRATE numburr, N speekin oh grate, de ghozt cat storee iz juzt de bezt…..dood…ewe haz
    a grate garden spot N ya look pawsum 🐾😸‼️ we N joyed heerin bout yur arrival from de dawg houz two de cat houz 😸😸we wood leeved a commint on yur pozt, but dinna noe if it wood publizh 🐾😸💚‼️

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a fantastic story about the statue. lol Happy blogging, my dear; I'm certainly happy reading your content. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is funny. Happy Blogoversary! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a funny story about your ghost cat statue. Well, it is *now*, anyway. :)

    Happy Fall and Happy Blogoversary! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish you many happy returns of your blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....