Monday, October 05, 2026

Teach Me

October 5 is World Teachers' Day.



A few sillies found on social media:

😹

😿

🙀

School was a long time ago for me, and I don't recall the names of my teachers, but I remember how they sparked my imagination.

Especially my desire to research and investigate, to write, to read, make art, and to undertake new projects.

Yay, Teachers!

📚📚📚

15 comments:

  1. I had a few great teachers that even today I remember their names and their faces. And algebra was the only class that I did not do well in. Still don't understand it and don't plan to, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, especially the herding cats one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herding cats is very hard. It can be done, but very carefully. I've had some great teachers back in the day.

    Happy day and week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are terrific! I still remember my favorite teacher after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ~ I loved my teachers ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved these. I recall most of all of my teachers names through high school. One I liked the least-- (not 'hated' her) did a past perfect job of making me a life-time History aficionado. Both World and American.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She had the almost lecture approach in teaching World History, I was spell bound. Same at the University. Didn't care for the Instructor (Freshman year) but he is gifted I think. Much talking, lecturing perhaps; and I was hooked to this second. Learned a tremendous lot through him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a fave photo of me out in the side yard, reading my History book. Had to, but...it was a pleasure. I may put it in my own blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire teachers. They work hard for not a lot of pay and most seem to truly care about students. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Algebra was a nightmare! I remember the names of many of my teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the names of three teachers who were amazingly outstanding and two who obviously should never have gone into the profession.

    There’s a children’s book called, “My Teacher Lives at School” and it’s quite a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Aunt was a special ed teacher. Her father, my 'opa' was a school master in The Netherlands...way way back! Several other members in my extended family were teachers and now some of my cousins are too.
    No teacher ever could get me to understand algebra...my sons giggle at me, because all they do is math and physics related, being as they are engineers. They had GOOD teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mrs Morschaut (sp?), Mr Seward, Mrs Johnson, Mr Mackenzie, Mr Thompson, Mrs Green, Miss McCracken, Mr Simpson, Mr Elder, Mr LeGrandeur, Mr Grey... I recall some of them, and am grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....