Sunday, August 16, 2026

Homeless to Loved

The third Sunday in August is International Homeless Animals' Day.



"This worldwide effort is aimed at halting the euthanasia and suffering of unwanted companion animals."

❤️

A few thoughts, and I know that I'm talking to like-minded folks:

 -If you feed them, fix them.

-If you adopt, be aware that you are making a multi-year commitment, which includes food, shelter, and veterinary services.

-There is no pressure on anyone to have pets; if your lifestyle doesn't support the care that a pet needs, then visit a cat cafe' or rescue once in awhile.

-Roll up your sleeves and volunteer.

-Donate!

-We cannot adopt our way out of the overpopulation.

-Puppy and kitten mills must be eliminated.

🐶 🐱 ❤️ 🐱 🐶

We sadly bid farewell to Seal from Brian's Home Blog.

Those gorgeous eyes, and her lovely fur colors will live furever in my heart.

Poor Simon, as Seal was his sisfur.

Hugs and purrs.

Please consider a kind comment; link is above.

😿 😿 😿 

19 comments:

  1. This story beautifully shows how meaningful it is for a cat to go from living alone on the streets to finding a safe and loving home. 🐾❤️ “Homeless to Loved” is more than just a rescue story; it is a beautiful example of how patience, compassion, and a second chance can transform an animal’s life. Thank you to everyone who shared this wonderful transformation. Wishing every cat a home where they can feel loved, safe, and truly cared for. 🐱🏡✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done your share of trying to help homeless cats. We've tried here also over the many decades. It's heartbreaking that they are outside and unwanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. So many bloggers do this, and more. I do think it should be mandatory for all cats to be 'done' especially community cats. It would save so much time, needless euthanasia, and heartache.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to help the homeless kitties, any way you can. It was sad to hear that Seal has crossed the bridge. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were so saddened to read that Seal had left for the Bridge. We'll miss her.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  6. We try to do our part for the homeless babies. Thanks for your kind words about our Seal, we appreciate them and your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a terrible to shock to learn of Seal's sudden departure for the Bridge.
    I wish I could adopt all the homeless kitties on my street, but obviously, that would be impossible, so I do what I can by feeding them and by donating to organisations that look after street cats. The ones I see regularly do seem to have been "fixed" already, judging by their clipped left ears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puppy and kitten mills must be eliminated. - They should indeed! Great post!!! Happy Sunday 😻🐾✨🐾😻

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad about losing beautiful Seal ~ Hugs ^_^

    The world ~ Wishing humans would stop abusing animals and humans ~ We are suppose to be so smart ???
    Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were sad to hear of Seal, it seemed like yesterday when she joined Brian's Home. And we wish we could give all homeless animals a home! Right now we are working on helping out for those animals that are in shelters not because they don't have Peeps, but their home has burned. Keep on being awesome! Marvelous Marv

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was very lucky to have been able to trap and fix all the members of our community cat colony at my work-place. Whenever I see a new one, they get the attention. And if they aren't feral... Well, that's how the Cosy Cabin's cat over-population keeps growing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with and like all that you have written. Seal...that was a terrible thing to read and yes, Simon will be bereft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me and Cheeto are SO happy we aren’t homeless anymore! ~Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad about Seal. And also sad that there are so many homeless animals. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fue una linda gatita. Uno siempre debe cuidar de sus peluditos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know what else to say but share this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1cvGA51RP0
    There are some good people but others, well...
    Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heartbreaking about Seal's passing. We agree about helping homeless animals - there are lots of ways we can do our part to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is part of why I am at the cat shelter twice a week. What we really want to do is work our way out of a job!

    All of us are heartbroken over Seal.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....