July 14 is: Bastille Day (France):
🇫🇷 Vive le 14 juillet!” (“Long live the 14th of July!”) 🇫🇷
July 14 is :Be Nice to Bugs Day (USA):
Be Nice to Bugs Day encourages people to rethink their instinct to swat, squash, or spray the insects they encounter, and instead to recognise the vital role bugs play in keeping ecosystems healthy.
It is a light-hearted observance with a serious conservation message at its heart.
🪲 🐞 🕷️ 🦗 🐝
Not much to comment on these two holidays, so how 'bout some whining about what I've found on social media:
🥵🥵🥵
🥵 THE HEAT 🥵
🥵🥵🥵
🥵🥵🥵
An Outlander TV show joke 😻
'Nuff said!
Excellent poem!
This is all in fun, folks!
😹
And THANK YOU
for the kind comments to yesterday's post here, about Celestial Paddy O'Malley's desire to be his own cat.
He was my ❤️ cat.
❤️❤️❤️
Today I let the insects smoke a cigarette before I stepped on them.
ReplyDeleteToo funny! Seriously, I've been trying to let ants stay on the hummingbird feeders while filling them, though today they needed a deep clean. ~sigh~ I'm glad my attitude changed so drastically since childhood. Be well, my dear.
DeleteHot is one thing but this weather the last two and a half weeks is something else completely. And I'm such a bug lover, but every one that comes in the house I try to catch and put back outside. With the exception of flies and 🦟 mosquitoes.
ReplyDeleteSuper hot here! We never heard of the Bug one!
ReplyDeleteThose are great funnies, love the poem!
ReplyDeleteHere we hot again: tomorrow real deal: 100+, don't even want to know that real feel thing, 3 days of it before away/away. The End. Not to mention so many "kerchoo's" should've got stock in Kleenex, duh.
ReplyDeleteyep ~ tis Summer and the heat is back ~ hope you are cool ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeletesorry but when it comes two mosquitos and flies, they gotta gp ~~~
ReplyDeletesheeeeesh....can't even spell when not in trout speech....GO....not GP !!!
Deletesheet....izza hot here today too
ReplyDeleteYou made me laugh out loud. I told Squeaker she can't kill bugs today and she doesn't agree with that. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteYes it's hot. The end.
I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.
Have a fabulous day. Stay cool. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
Depends on the insect on whether I am kind to it or not. :)
ReplyDeleteThat just about sums up the disgusting heat here too. I try to save bugs when I can. Except for house centipedes. They get no mercy from me.
ReplyDeleteLos insectos son bastante molestos... Pero la curiosidad del gato parece que llama si atención. Saludos
ReplyDeleteWe had a pleasant day, lots of cloud cover so the temp stayed decent enough for a walk. I’m scared for those in the horrible heatwaves.
ReplyDeleteAs for bugs, if they bite or spread disease, they are banned from my house. Outdoors, I look the other way.
Haha. We resonate with that summer poem!
ReplyDeleteHey! Bastille Day. I swear I was trying to think which French Holiday it was and couldn't remember!!
ReplyDeleteWe're all fans of bugs and the Outlander😸Extra Pawkisses🐾😽💞
ReplyDeleteI don't kill the spiders in my basement, anymore. I let them do their jobs. The kittens get them sometimes, though, and Rhapsody was a very successful spider-hunter when she lived down there. But me? I'll live and let live.
ReplyDelete