Monday, July 13, 2026

Unsuccessful Coaxing

It's PO'Monday!

Some images of some of my attempts to coax Celestial Paddy O'Malley inside over the years:

November 29, 2012
Front Door

August 14, 2013
Downstairs Back Door

December 6, 2015
Upstairs Back Door

March 9, 2016
Front Door, with Sweetie

September 25, 2016
Upper Back Door

February 6, 2017
Front Door

March 15, 2020
Front Door

We have two back doors: one off the kitchen downstairs, or on the first floor, and a second back door for upstairs, which was once a separate rental apartment.

This upper area is now considered Henryville, and the old two-story porch and deck for each floor, with stairway, was removed awhile ago when it got too old and musty.

The PO'M would only step in just so far, then leave, despite food, water, warmth, and my loving coaxing, at any of these doors!

Year after year after year.

It wasn't until July 24, 2021, when I opened the lower back door during a rainstorm, and reached out to pull him inside.

He lived in comfort until August 7, 2021, when he was unable to walk straight or breath properly, due to his lungs being completely filled, and he left us while in my arms, and my tears soaking his fur.

This isn't meant to be a Debbie Downer post; it's a celebration of how he lived his life; HIS WAY!

And how...for years...he told me how it was gonna be, yet I kept trying.

I loved that cat.

I love him now.

He was a huge part of my life; our lives.

WHAT A CAT!

❤️ 😻 💕 

17 comments:

  1. The most important thing is you got him inside and gave him a home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess basically he was just not a box loving cat. Meaning your house was a giant box and he just didn't simply enjoy the indoor life. What a shame he didn't, but how much love you had for him cannot be measured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the joy when he came inside, to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were able to bring him inside in time to help him leave Earth easily. If you hadn't done that, he may not have been able to come to you for help when he needed it, still living on the outside. Outside or in, he loved his person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a cat indeed ~ Sweet photos '~
    Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. he wanted to be with you cause he knew time was running out for him

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved him too and I know how much you loved him. He was so special.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some just have their own book of life tucked in a back pocket. Yet when he needed you most, he chose to be with you. The trust was always there, and that truly meant something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't definitely know their own mind! He obviously knew it was time. Such a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish PO'M had decided to move in when you offered originally. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had him indoors when it counted the most, just as Ms. G did with Alice and Lewis, two of her feral clowder when they were elderly. They were lavished with love their last days and I know Paddy was, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the POM valued his independence, but then he realized his body was changing and he was going to need some help. It was a compromise (on both your parts) of love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is EXACTLY how I feel about my Mo. I never got to touch him until his final days, but nearly a year later there's still not a day I don't think of him. I miss that little guy so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must admit there are tears in my eyes. Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He loved you right back, what a good boy😻Soft Pawkisses as we know how you feel Vicky🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....