22 March, 2018

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Yesterday...

Good:

  • The Hubby erected a screen door at the top of the stairs, so Angel has even more room to traverse.
  • The Hubby did the laundry.
  • I picked up vegan sandwiches on my way home from work, and we dined with relish!
  • The final episode of my favorite TV show "The X-Files" was terrific!
    Angel is my sweet bunny girl!

Bad:

  • The laundromat that The Hubby normally uses was closed for renovation, so he drove 30 minutes to the place we used to visit before we got married.  Due to long driving time, my clothes are all wrinkled!
  • While working on the frame for Angel's screen door, a board fell sideways and broke a pane of glass in our picture window.
  • The Hubby left the grocery store without purchasing any bread, which was the main reason he'd gone to the store in the first place.
  • The final episode of my favorite TV show "The X-Files" was THE FINAL EPISODE!
Ugly:
Sausage fingers
  • After watching that final episode of my favorite TV show "The X-Files", I went for my usual neighborhood walk, and managed to trip on an uneven sidewalk flag.  My foot bounced back, and I fell face first.  My right knee, both palms, several fingers, and a spot on my chin have scrapes, and my left hand is swollen and parts are turning purple!  The Hubby is a most attentive helpmate; the bags of frozen produce keep coming, to ice my hand.  I will see a physician if the pain or swelling do not improve.  The Hubby fed all cats, and scooped the litter boxes too.  Manny and Chili Bruce are helping too, by sitting on the laptop as I type.  Angel will purr for me as I rest in bed.  Yep, it's ugly!



24 comments:

  1. ouch! that sounds like a bad fall - hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. guyz....WHOA.....we hope momz doin way better two day....ow and OW and tripull dawg dare ya OW.......noe joke; tell mom ta uze coconut oil on de scrapez ~~~~ ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of stuff going on. Your poor hand! But it's really amazing that you have someone there to help you. And that Angel pic is adorable. What a kissable lil face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were laughing at the bread situation (that happens to our mom ALL THE TIME!) until we got to your fall. That happened to her once too--she was speed walking down a hill when she tripped on a rift in the sidewalk and actually bounced head first. She had cuts on both sides of her hands, a scraped knee and her sunglasses frame hit her face, all resulting in a black eye and mild concussion. Oh, and her Walkman was toast too. She could have used Angel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the good was good and the bad sure was. We sure hope you hand gets better soon. Hey, the Dad records the X-Files and he is going to watch it tonight. Also, we have our steps screened in so Sister Precious can come all the way down to the landing at get after Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUCH! We hope you're okay...at least you have the kitties to help you feel better.

    No spoilers on X-Files...haven't watched it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you heal up quickly. At least you have multiple kitties/nurses and your Hubby to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch!! I am sorry you got some banged up from your fall. We enjoyed that last episode too, we were glad they finally got back to the son's story line. You mean it was the last episode this season,right? I hope they will have another season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh - hope you recover quickly ! Good thing the kitties and your husband are bringing you comfort !

    ReplyDelete
  10. While we are happy Angel has her own area, we are sad to hear you hurt yourself so much.
    You must be very sore.
    Good thing you have cats to help you recover.
    Purr power is pretty strong :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I am praying you are ok after that fall! I did the exact same thing about a month ago when I was leaving Weight Watchers. One minute I was up and the next I was crashing to the ground. Thankfully, I didn't hit my face but I smashed my hand (your is MUCH WORSE)........I was wearing my huge Lions jacket which I am convinced prevented a broken arm. That hand does NOT look good and I think you had better see a doctor. Please, please feel better!! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch! I hope you get lots of in-person purrs on that hand so that it heals up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My word, that hand looks awful! Better get that looked at sooner rather than later. Funny- dad always manages to do similar things. With him it's usually bonking his head on an open cabinet door, coming out from under a counter or sink- that kind of thing. Hope that hand heals quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about the fall. But your husband and kitties are such good care takers :-) I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry that you fell. It certainly is no fun to fall as an adult. I hope it heals on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry you had a fall. Hope you get better soon.

    Healing purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my goodness! That has got to hurt! I hope it clears up quickly! I can't even imagine trying to type with that. I like how you acknowledged the good with the bad. So many people struggle to do that - and for me, it's made all the difference in terms of my happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps - LOVE the band-aid! Not quite worth the injury ... but it is a joy to look at!

      Delete
  18. Oh my gosh! Ow! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Your hand looks so painful.
    I hope you have some help. I read your last blog post as well...the one with the x-ray. Sending you thoughts for quick healing. Where are those felines and their health giving purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks rough! :( Hoping for a fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending purrs of healing. I'm sorry about the window and the end of the xfiles too. At least you can start watching the xfiles all over again

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....