19 December, 2016

Offline

My mother was in the hospital at the end of last week.  Fortunately, she is home now and recovering. The family pulled together, and we kept her company, spoke to doctors, and settled her back home again.  I am so lucky to have The Hubby, who covered for me with both sets of cats while I spent time away from home, plus he packed my lunch box full of food so I would have sustenance.  My siblings were in constant contact via texting and phone calls, and we shared equally in getting things done.

In the meantime, our part of Michigan received several inches of snow on Friday through Saturday, then bitter cold swept in behind it.
Paw prints in the snow
The obligatory Patty and Me selfie

Sweetie, saying hello
 
Sweetie drinking fresh, filtered water

Patty O'Malley hanging out
I promise to visit everyone in blogland as the day wears on.  It is frigid outside today, so I am happy to stay inside to do computer work!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a quite a week! Glad your mom is ok. How long does the water stay unfrozen in the cooler like that? I may "steal" that idea for "our" feral, Blackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your mom is home and hope she will be OK. Patty and Sweetie are so blessed to have you taking care of them in the frigid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am glad your Mom is home and we hope all continues to be okay. Y'all try to keep plenty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope your mom continues to improve. stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are glad you Gmom is home and hope she is making steady progress to feeling better.
    OMCs that is a lot of snow. We rarely get it here and when we do just a few inches. More often we get sleet or freezing rain.
    Very cold today for Dixie only 36
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lookit all those gawjus faces. Glad things are gettin' better. Your hubby sounds like a pawsum man. Big hugs to all.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your mom ok! We got 15 cm in Canada where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poor Mom. Hope she is feeling much, much better. I have had my share of what she had and it isn't fun!! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are very glad your mom is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear your Mom is doing well enough to be home.
    Great pics of both kitties. I am so glad we don't have to deal with snow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, what a weekend! We're glad your mom is back at home and we hope she continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry your Mom was sick. I will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're glad your mom is home now and we purr that she continues to improve. Let's hope our weather improves too...and it gets a little warmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear your Mom is home and recovering.
    The felines look well cared for =)
    Staying inside sounds like a very sensible idea with that kind of cold!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry your mom had to be in the hospital, but glad she is home and doing better. Your husband is so sweet and helpful!
    I love that obligatory selfie -- Patty's face expression is priceless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Purrs that your mom continues to recover quickly and fully and that life gets back to normal

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....