07 December, 2016

Wednesday Switch




After reviewing my handiwork yesterday on the office credenza, I realized that the frames were all wrong, and I switched them.  Better, I think!  Quint's artwork kind of got lost with the pale frame, but it looks great on the watercolor.

And, I rubbed some of this holistic cream on Patty O'Malley's back wound this morning; you can see that he doesn't care as long as he gets hugged!  No photos of his boo-boo, but he apparently was bitten and an abscess formed.  He licked all the fur off of the area, and now there is only a big sore left, which is healing nicely.  But I rubbed some cream on it anyhow, and told him to leave it alone and not lick it off!  Do you think he'll listen to me?  The Hubby advised that he broke up a fight between Patty and some other cat on our porch last night, before I got home from work.  No details on the other cat since it was dark, but if he (of course, it's a he!) keeps messing with Patty, I will set out my traps for a neutering.  I wonder if this fighter cat just wants to use a shelter to sleep in?  We will keep an eye out.

18 comments:

  1. My parents had a rule that if a cat hung around their yard, he/she got fixed. They didn't mind helping stray cats but didn't want any kittens to compound the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same rule; any cat hanging around gets snipped!

      Delete
  2. Oooo, we like your Quint painting in the new frame and think the pale frame looks wonderful with the watercolor! We look forward to an update on how that cream might have worked! We want to put something on Sunny's back stitches but haven't made a decision yet on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I cannot put a cone on Patty. If his wound wasn't healing, I'd trap him and get him to the vet, but he appears to be doing fine on his own. My first-aid goop is more of an annoyance, but that's what I do best!

      Delete
    2. Colehaus Cats--we bet Chapstick would work.

      Delete
  3. dood....we hope de fightin stopz.....N how sad if de kitteh IZ lookin for a place ta chillax & purrhapz get sum thing two eat ~~~~~

    hope thiz werks out for both parteez ~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The famous Quint looks great! Ouch...hope the healing happens fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amarula feels for Patty! She thinks a fight may break out between her and that fluffy neighborhood cat soon!! And thanks for sharing your story about George! Cats really area amazing! Glad to hear he was adopted

    ReplyDelete
  6. The change of frames looks good.
    Now that you changed the frames, we see why you did ;)
    Hope Patty heals well and the other kitty stays away or gets trapped :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. We sure hope things can be worked out 'tween Patty and da "newcomer". We don't want either to have to be out in da cold. Big hugs and purrayers fur all.'

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good eye with the art work. We hope the introoder stops messing with Patty, but it's definitely a possibility that it may be looking for shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We like the change! And Patty, you watch out for fighting boys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully the cream helps Patty's wound finish healing quickly.
    Naughty intruder. No one wants to be out in the cold, but fighting isn't a good situation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Patty, I hope he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. poor baby, I also hope he heals quickly. Speaking of "frames" I LOVE your glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....