20 December, 2016

The Phonecall

It's 3:10 pm, and my office phone rings.  It's The Hubby, and he says that Angel and Chuck tell him that they had NOT received enough food today, and are starving to death!  He even put Chucky on the phone, so I could hear his forlorn meows.  The Hubby exclaims that the cats will kill him in desperation, and he wanted to make sure that they were telling him the TRUTH.

You know how this is going to turn out!  I say, "yes, I fed them AND gave them a bit extra at breakfast", but my words are drowned out by cat wails.  In the end, I give him the okay to feed them NOW, just so I don't find a human corpse when I get home from work.

This scenario reminds me of a time long ago, when I could overhear a co-worker talking to his dog on the phone.  His wife would call for a chat, then put the dog on.  Back then, I rolled my eyes, and wondered how a grown person could find using the telephone to talk to their pet even remotely interesting!  Now, it seems, I am doing the same thing, and darn it, I wish I could communicate with them even more. Someday, I'll get one of those cameras to watch the cats at home, while I am away. Guess I need two sets of cameras; inside and outside.


Chucky, waiting for his meal-ticket to arrive

Angel is pretending to be dainty,
before she murders The Hubby




14 comments:

  1. Oh they have you and the hubby trained so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know they have backup.

    mom came home from work one day to have us, per normal, greet her at the top of the stairs...waiting anxiously for dinner. she got back to find - full bowls. in the kitchen was a note from our grandma that she had stopped by and we convinced her we were starving so she fed us. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they know hubby is a softie--they do at our house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I've been getting the same lies at my house.. something about this time of year I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no, don't forget to feed them! They certainly let us know when their dish is empty, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no, don't forget to feed them! They certainly let us know when their dish is empty, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the cats howl, you MUST obey.
    The consequences are not pretty ;)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is funny :) I talk to my cats on the phone when I am not home too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, that made our mom laugh a lot! But we know that if they could have, they would have called you themselves to say they were starving starving starving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Pretending to be dainty" - that's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the laugh on a grey, dull morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course this is normal! When Äiti had a long holiday (a week is a long time to be away!) she rigged up a webcam which uploaded a photo every 30 sec to a web page. It really helped her. That was over 10 years ago and there are now all sorts of spy gadgets she can employ on us. And she hardly ever goes away now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so not enough breakfast, huh? Darn that whole not having thumbs thing. Good thing they were able to force Dad into dialing the phone!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....