"The Straw Hat Riot of 1922 was a riot that occurred in New York City at the end of summer as a result of unwritten rules in men's fashions at the time, and a tradition of taunting people who had failed to stop wearing straw hats after autumn began. Originating as a series of minor riots, it spread due to youths choosing to harass men wearing straw hats past the unofficial date that was deemed socially acceptable, September 15. It lasted eight days, leading to many arrests and some injuries." - Wikipedia
Therefore, Felt Hat Day is September 15.
And so, I dragged out my Cat Hats box, and with felt hats in one hand and phone in the other, I went out in search of cats:
Yeah, Henry wasn't having ANY of it!
I was lucky to walk about with all of my digits.
Look at that face!
Chili Bruce would only sit still while I held him,
Top hat!
Manny allowed the cowboy hat to rest on his noggin for only a moment.
No cats were harmed in the making of today's post; they were just annoyed for a couple of seconds.
😹 🎩 🤠 😹



Henry looks so reproachful!! LOL! The others do too...but hey you got some good captures.
ReplyDeleteThat was back when we had real problems.
ReplyDelete