15 October, 2014

Book Score!


I received a gift card to the book store months ago, yet I waited to use it.  It's not that there was nothing to buy; I just wanted to purchase things that were special.  And this weekend boy did I spend it!  First off, every year I MUST get my cat calendar.  The photos are so lovely, and I like the way people stop at my work desk to talk about them.  AND THEN, I purchased the newest book by Sofie Kelly, called A Midwinter's Tail, that just came out.  I love this series, called "A Magical Cats Mystery", and there are five books now.  So...I used up my gift card and bought the other four too!  I became acquainted with the first book, Curiosity Thrilled The Cat at the local library, and I wait patiently for the each book, about one a year, to reach the library a month or so after it's release.  But I just had to have them, and I am grateful for that gift card!  I won't go into much detail, because these are current books, and not everyone is into cat mysteries.  Will just say that formerly feral Hercules and Owen are two very special cats, and their human Kathleen manages to get involved with all manner of problems that need solving!  Well-written, with good characters and a real-life feel that I enjoy.

Now here's the funny thing...I have NOT read my new books yet!  I have not had the time!  But I am so excited about my great bookstore haul!  Wee!

6 comments:

  1. There are going to be plenty of cold days ahead when reading
    those books will be the ideal thing to do :)
    We purr that time is a long way off though ;)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funny. Mom got out her books last night to see what new titles were available from the series she reads. We have almost all the books in your photo. We love Hercules and Owen! Mom just ordered 4 new books and one of them is A Midwinter's Tale (the blue one). She also ordered Tailing a Tabby, and Literally Murder, and Bless Her Dead Little Heart.
    Have you read the Miranda James books - A cat in the stacks mystery series. We like those because the big kitty Diesel is interesting and the main character is a man. I also like Ali Brandon's Black Cat Bookshop Mystery series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very fun series. Cover is totally cute!
    I hope you get time to read them and enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. guys...with winter comin up; tell yur mom that will bee a grate time ta chillax with her new books....N de food serviss gurl getz her mom & dad cat a day N dog a day calendars everee yeer ...de page a day photoz rock !!

    happee week oh end two all, heers two dusky grouper ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did well at the bookstore. http://15andmeowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those books should keep you occupied for awhile. So get some time and start reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....