15 February, 2016

Intruder Alert!

Was a bitterly cold weekend.  I've been worried about Patty O'Malley and Sweetie braving the elements, but The Cat Hotel must be keeping them warm.

Dinnertime!
However, I caught a whiff of something else in the cold air...cat urine! Some male cat has been peeing on various items on the deck, marking them to say, "I was here!"  Whenever this has happened in the past, I spritz white vinegar (straight) or baking soda (mixed with water), to eliminate the smell. If any urine smell gets on me or my long winter coat, it drives Angel and Chuck crazy, and it's not easy to eliminate.
Frozen spritz
I found one spot on Mama's House, and I give it a good dose of baking soda...and it all promptly froze.  This mancat also sprayed the water bucket, so I have washed it down as best I can.  With temperatures climbing in the next few days, I am hoping for a chance to hose things down even more.

And what about this cat?  I haven't seen him, and am really surprised that Patty O'Malley hasn't chased him away from his territory.  This mancat doesn't know who he's dealing with!  I'll pull out my traps and do a TNR on him before he knows what hit him!

8 comments:

  1. OH boy, that mancat has no idea! We're glad the others are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Patty and Sweetie, I hope they feel safe in their still. I also hope that other cat has a warm space to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that introoder does not come back anytime soon.
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get him! Thank goodness, as you know, it is already warmer than yesterday...50 coming on Friday! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get to TNR him...and no more marking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh, that's no good. I know I'd get plenty wigged if some alien was spraying my place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like he needs caught and neutered. My parents had no qualms about fixing any cat that showed up and stayed around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. guys....hope de naybor cat act shoo a lee haza home & him just stopped bye ta leeve a PEEce oh mail ~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....