25 February, 2016

The Food Bowl Slide


It has been sleeting, raining, snowing...then more sleet and rain again...and now snow and high winds here in Metro Detroit, Michigan!

The Hubby and I try to keep the deck and feeding station for Patty O'Malley and Sweetie as clear as we can, but Mother Nature just keeps throwing stuff at us.

This morning I brought out bowls of kibble, but the icy surface and gusting winds pushed the bowls right off the edge!  They simply slid right across. The cats were not amused, so I brought out heavier, ceramic bowls that stayed put.  I did not get photos; these old ones will have to do.
Earlier this month, Patty feeds
In January, Sweetie tells me how she likes
having her photo taken at mealtime!
From March 2014
Here's hoping the folks that got walloped by storms elsewhere are all okay.



11 comments:

  1. There sure are a lot of issues with caring for outside old cats. Have they ventured into the room you prepared for them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow all day Tuesday but nothing like what others got. Of course, because we had been 10-15 degrees warmer than usual for weeks now, the return to winter surprised some people. But us? We loved the entertainment!

    About that icy surface, I sense a weekend project coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad you could get some bowls to stay put. It looks like the snow has stopped for now...and they're talking about a warm-up for the weekend, so maybe it will all disappear too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. guys.......we bee sorree....we noe chuck & angel's mom is tryin her best...itz mom nature thatz givin ya a time of it....hope full lee her settles down sum fora while now huh ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel so bad for you!! You need one of those outdoor cat houses! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lucky to have such a loving Mom. I hope the weather gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I love the cute raspberry Sweetie showed you :-)
    It's almost March already....I hope it gets warmer there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee for shelter from that cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if you could throw some sand down to stop the slipping bowls. Then again, if it's that windy the sand may blow away too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for providing food and shelter for these kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that doesn't sound like fun weather at all!! I hope some of the ice and snow has cleared by now. Have you tried put some rubber pieces on the bottom of the bowls so they don't slide? I know they sell some cat bowls with the rubber grippers on them already. I try to use those for water here because otherwise I'm liable to knock the water dish over, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....