30 October, 2017

National Cat Day: 10/29/17

In honor of National Cat Day yesterday, the internationally famous movie Kedi played in theatres all over the U.S., and my friends and I went to see it in downtown Royal Oak, Michigan.

If you haven't indulged in this film, please give yourself a chance to enjoy.  More of a documentary than a Hollywood movie, the filmmakers Ceyda Torun and Charlie Wuppermann tell the story of the street cat loving humans in Istanbul, the city that is in both Europe and Asia.

This is the marquee at the Detroit Film Theatre
where I originally saw 'Kedi' in March, 2017
After watching this delightful film, we ventured to the Ferndale Catfe Lounge to play with the adoptable cats and kittens living there.  Funny, since I had visited the Catfe Lounge on Friday last week also!  YAY!





 





I did not record the names of all the sweet babies, hoping that they'll be whisked off to their furrever homes before I can return to visit again.  

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a purrfect day to me! Kedi is definitely on my must watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate all the special ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how many wonderful beds the kitties have to choose from. Hopefully they'll all find fantastic homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was one pawesome cat-filled day! Hoping those kitties are adopted soon too! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take them all! We don't have any cat cafes around here :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. guyz...We gotta hand frum copee N paste heer two day …coz we canna sneek round on line… like we want… sew we R stopping bye ta say…. happee howl o ween…. N heerz ta treetz outta pumpkinz wazoo ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable kitties. We've never heard of da movie, but it does sound good. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Kedi a few months ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....