Friday, August 14, 2026

Wild Times in Henryville

 It's high time we had a Formerly Feral Friday, starring Henry The Ninth.

Yes, that's ME he's draped across!
What can I say; I'm squishy enough to be a terrific human cat bed.

Again, he's sitting on my torso, but I cropped myself out.

Foo foo in the air, like he just don't care!
His belly fur has grown in nicely.

Henry has been doing well, until I mentioned to the vet that he's still got loose poop.

Dr. Vani suggested a liver support med, since his last tests showed he needed help there.

The trick is that this new med made him NOT EAT!

Henry not eating is what got us here, so we stopped that med.

Will walk through everything when we attend Monday's vet appointment.

AND...

The food that Henry was eating up nicely is now NO LONGER AVAILABLE where I've been purchasing it.

We picked up what I thought was a good replacement, and have mixed a bit into the last packages of his 'old' food, but he doesn't seem to like it.

Damn and drat!

It's possible to purchase the food online, in a different package size, and for twice the cost, and we may have to go this route.

Despite all of this song-and-dance, Henry is being cute, snuggly, and has chomped through another catnip ball.

If I felt that anything we've done severely lowers Henry's quality of life, I'd modify or stop it.

While he doesn't enjoy getting his pills twice a day, he's used to it now, and I get it done quickly, with copious amount of smooches.

List of Henry's medicines:
Proviable Fiber Supplement: 1/8 teaspoon twice a day.
Proviable Forte capsule: one a day
Amoxicillin antibiotic: twice a day
Metronidazole antibiotic: twice a day
Denamarin Advanced Liver support capsule: one a day (on hold)
Mirtazapine appetite stimulant: one a day
Cerenia anti-nausea: one a day
Prednisolone steroid: one a day
Cobalequin B12 capsule: one a day
Chemo: every two weeks, five capsules remain

The two antibiotics for his liver run out tomorrow: "use until gone".

Monday's blood tests should give us some answers.

Feral to spoiled, and we love The H Man ❤️

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute. I hate when a food company does that without notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O'Henry ... watcha gonna do, and watch-we gonna do for you ... mine Mommy puts a dab of "human tuna, or tuna juice from the can atop my food sometimes" ... wow do I love that ... would it be allowed? A teaser ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry is so fortunate that you brought him in and have been able to take care of him. That list of medicines the poor boy has to take and you have to keep track of this unbelievable. I'm always thinking of him and hoping that he's getting better every day.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....