09 March, 2015

Communication

This Saturday, I got up early and drove two hours north to Midland, Michigan.  I attended an animal communication class, offered by Ways to Wellness Store.  Lisa Turek taught the class, and even though I was sure I would not be able to 'read' any animals, after a little while...I did! Amazing, and humbling!  Lisa is a wonderful teacher; I'm sure she has a FB page too.  I was privileged to meet Lisa in September 2014 at a lecture, and emailed her a couple of times to make sure I was included in her next beginner class.  Told her I'd drive anywhere...and so I did.

Now, I must practice, practice, practice, to hone my skills.  So far, what I have received is like a old home movie, with no sound.  One of my classmates' cat refused to talk to me.  The cat turned around and walked away!  At least, that's what I 'saw' in my mind.  Another's dog just kept jumping, jumping, jumping.  The class read Patty O'Malley, and each person said that he was happy to have a home, food, and he did not really want to be inside...although he likes to look in!  And yes, Patty spends time on the front porch, looking in the front door.  My own impression of Patty was that he was pacing back and forth on the deck, like he does when I am there with him.  He always wants to touch me, and of course I pet and smooch him as much as I can.  When communicating from Midland, Patty seemed to wonder how he could 'see' me, but he could not touch me! 

Of course, this is not stuff that I will tell every person I meet.  Obviously, some lucky people are naturals at this, while I need much practice.  I hope to post about my exciting journeys in animal communication!  If I had seen a squirrel at the park while on my lunch break today...

Thanks to Caren of Cat Chat for her post about Lisa's lecture in Birmingham, Michigan last year!

12 comments:

  1. This sounds most interesting.
    We think it would be great if humans could learn to read us.
    We are pretty good at reading humans.
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know if you start reading any world-domination plots! I'm pretty sure my cats have them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better communication is something we all need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can read my mom pretty well--usually it's "You have x hours until you get to eat again, William."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I meant to say I love that photo of Angel! And that class sounded very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting class. Hopefully you'll feel more confident as you get more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds such an interesting class. I'd love to be able to communicate with my kitties better. I'd love to read more about this, your practice and how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. guys...watch out what ya say...yur mom iz lurnin cat speech mind meld kinda stuff....

    de food serviss gurl thinks thiz iz total lee awesum N hopes yur mom postz mor a bout it...way kewl~~~

    ~~~~~ catz everee wear knead ta have a con frunce bout thiz.....next thing ya noe they will bee takin a way R cell ewe lar deevizez !! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating! We look forward to how it goes and what you discover... even from the squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds amazing! I am sure you will improve the more you do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our mom is very interested in that class of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....