21 January, 2019

Super Blood Wolf Moon

#1:
The temperatures in our area are frigid.  The 'O' Cats water bucket was just about frozen solid!

The weather app on my phone first thing this morning!

Water bucket, almost frozen solid

Sweetie and The PO'M came out for breakfast!
#2:
Last night was a Super Blood Wolf Moon!  Super, because of the short distance between the two celestial bodies; Blood, because of the full Lunar eclipse, which turns the face of the moon reddish; and Wolf Moon, 'cause it's January, when the wolves (and every other living thing!) need to find food.

Taken from the interwebs
This is how the full moon looked from our front window
#3:
Got up at midnight to look at the lunar eclipse, and Chili Bruce decided that my body would make a nice beddy for him!  I was laying on the futon in the parlor, which is on the first floor.  Bedrooms are on the second floor, in Angel's Apartment.  

This image is from 12/2017
Last night's super full moon light still wasn't enough
to snap a photo of CB on my chest!


18 comments:

  1. We didn't see it because it was storming outside. Oh well.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had yucky rain here too so we didn't moon anyone. Chili Bruce, you nailed the comfy pal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didnt see it either. That's ok. Brrrrrr. I needed my sleep anyhow

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow after all for us but Brian's lucky rain instead. And it was 12 degrees. This picture of Chili Bruce on your chest made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the eclipse last night too. Actually, in the UK it was at 4.45 this morning and hubby woke me up to ask if I wanted to see it!
    Your weather is far too cold for me. I think I would hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We bombed out. :-( Sweet that you shared the moment with Chili Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's too darn cold! Hopefully a little warmer tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's cold here in IL, too. I went outside about 10:30 to look at the moon. It looked like the second photo - a sliver but not yet red. Unfortunately, fell asleep and didn't see it later when it turned red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were able to see it from our backyard and it was so cool! It actually looked red but my camera didn't pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love your picture. I always think black kitties are the best looking. The Human says I am maybe a little biased, but nonsense! Facts are facts.

    -3 degrees? We don't even know what that means. It's 56 here and we are feeling rather chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen the blood moon, it was too cloudy in Warsaw that time :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweetie N paddy...stay safe N warm out ther pleez N thanx...N ya noe...ther IZ sum stepz ta sum "inside chillaxin time"....just a friend lee ree minder ;) ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure is bright, and not red at all. We totally furgot to look. And we were awake of course. MOL Great foto. big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, that's so cold! Glad to see the outside kitties aren't too cold to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We missed it due to stormy weather :/
    Oh well, the full moon is bright and was shining after the storm,the next day
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... the moon looks really big from your window. Ours did too but not that big :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....