16 January, 2019

No Donut

Outside the Troy Police Department, looking for Donut
Last year, the Troy Police Department in Troy, Michigan, announced their newest and cutest recruit in their Feline Unit: Donut.  Pawfficer Donut was a global media sensation, and since I work in the City of Troy, I vowed to visit the kitty when I could.

Yesterday, I screwed up my courage, 'cause, walking into a cop shop makes one queasy, even a law-abiding citizen like me, and stepped into the station lobby.  I asked if Pawfficer Donut was available for an interview, and received a polite turn-down from the desk officer on duty.  Apparently, Donut stays home when not attending impawtant city duties.  I will have to keep track of Donut's next appearance via the city newsletter or website.  The desk officer and I had a wonderful time discussing service animals, especially dogs.

Trust me, my goal is to be nose to whiskers with Pawfficer Donut soon, and will report on the meeting when it happens.  I've discovered a few photos of Donut, plus a video, which are below. 

https://youtu.be/f29Y-mddGJM



"Purrtect and Serve"
From Troy Police Department - Troy, Michigan's Facebook page

23 comments:

  1. ;p[''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    P

    Muffin hopes that your schedules meet up soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so cute. I'll await your interview.

    Have a purrfect day. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMCs Donut your name is almost as adorable as you are....the 2nd and 3rd photos are WINNERS and you deserve a Chicken DINNER.
    Too cute
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donut is so handsome. I hope you get to meet him. I hope you didn't mention me cos you know I have a checkered past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope you can finally meet Donut ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so disappointed for you! That would have been an amazing visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that would be a terrific interview...track down that sweet Donut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how kewl iz thiz !!!! N look, we can commint again ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. We heard of Pawficer Donut! Our mom wanted to meet her when she was in MI, but didn't. That was brave of you to walk right in there! We hope you get to interview her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMC We so thought you were in trouble when we saw the big badge foto. MOL Glad all is well. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagine they don't want to run the risk of Donut going outside and reduced his hours. I'm sure he appreciates his time at home. We hope to hear about your meeting soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Psssst...I knew that from the info Michigan Humane sent when Donut was "hired" or "inducted" Donut isn't usually there....

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love the story of Donut and hope you get an interview soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww Pawfficer Donut is so adorable! I hope you get to meet Donut one day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute....we wonder if you contacted someone other than the front desk and request an interview.,we did it with the cat who "works" at the local art gallery

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donut is so cute! I hope you get to meet him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. she looks very sweet - hope you can do an interview soon!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....