21 March, 2019

Thankful Thursday: A Year Ago

One year ago today, I tripped and fell while on a walk.

I bonked my noggin, scraped my chin, and my right knee hurt like crazy.
My left hand was hurt too, but I didn't know that until days later.
After laying on the sidewalk for awhile, I stood up, and limped home.  Not a car nor a person was anywhere to witness my shenanigans.

I had broken two bones, in two places.
Thankfully, the hand surgeon was able fix me up with pins, instead of surgery.
Thankfully, my office installed computer software that allowed me to talk-to-type.
Thankfully, the occupational therapy office was located less than a mile from my office, so I only used up my lunch times while getting my hand back in shape.


The very first x-ray of my wounded hand

The lovely nurses who assisted the surgeon were sorry that they didn't have 'Hello Kitty!' wrap for my post-op care, so they drew a cat themselves!
Folks, please always remember to take care!
Protect your body at all costs; no matter what age you are, your bones and body are invaluable.
Treat them wisely, and don't text and WALK!!!

Let's Hop!

Click here to join Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

***

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember when that happened! Owwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure glad you got all healed up from that fall, you had some good kitty nurses. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you healed up and had everything so close to you. I fell TWICE this winter (and then promptly bought ice cleats)! and it is darn scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. I took a fall the day before my retirement and fractured my elbow. We need to take good care when we move around. We get older and it becomes even more troublesome.

    I'm glad you did well recovering.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A year !! WOW.... I 100% agree falling is my worst fear. You were such a trooper thru it all too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remember - you've written about it a year ago. I hope you feel totally good right now. Sometime when you break some bone you can feel it even for few years :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are all healed now. I am a klutz so I am very careful when walking outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that happening to you. I had written of a similar accident I had as well. We both came out on top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that! And you're right, we need to always be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A year ago already? Wow. How is the hand these days?

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I was younger, I got so tired of drinking milk all the time. But honestly? Had I NOT done that and had my way, I probably would've broken half my body by now. With my anorexia for years, I was on the edge of bone problems too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the hand has healed and is good as new. Happy Saturday to you! - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure was a rough time for you! I worry about falling, but more so my elderly parents falling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! Be careful! TW fell into a hole in the street and broke her ankle. She didn't know and limped two blocks back to the condo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're so glad you're all healed now. That was a terrible fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hard to believe it's been a year already! I remember you fell a couple of weeks after I did, I wasn't texting and BOOM I was down. My oversized puffy Lions jacket is what saved me!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....