05 August, 2019

Book Reviews: Cats and Christmas

Oliver: The Cat Who Saved Christmas
Author: Sheila Norton
Hardcover, UK Edition, 320 pages
Published: October 22nd 2015 by Ebury Press
ISBN 178503183X (ISBN13: 9781785031830)
Edition Language: English

A Friend Like Ben: the Cat That Came Home for Christmas
Author: Julia Romp
Hardcover, 274 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers
ISBN 0007376138 (ISBN13: 9780007376131)
Edition Language: English



Okay, don't get me wrong!  I am not dreaming of Christmas...far from it!  But how could I possibly pass up these two books when I spied them at the library?  

Both are darling stories: Oliver tells his own 'story', while Ben's human narrates theirs.  I'm not going into details, because I want folks to read these books without knowing much beyond the titles.

I recommend them both!

🎅☃🌲

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like both are worth the read.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats and Christmas... They do seem to go together, don't they? (And with the hot weather we've been having, I am dreaming of autumn right now, not quite Christmas.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would read them based on the adorable covers alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mom wants to read both! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DONE! I am so glad of the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww. Cats and Christmas are certainly magic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read both of these and loved them, but my favorite is Cleveland Amory's The Cat Who Came for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll have to have our mom keep an eye out for these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading Christmas books might help us to cool down around here! MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look like my kind of books. Nothing wrong with a little early Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....