24 August, 2019

Postcards from Meow MeetUp: Lykoi






Sorry, my photos are so poor, but...kittens!

I spent some time with a breeder of Lykoi cats, from Wisconsin.  She displayed the kittens in the Cat Fanciers Association area at Meow MeetUp Chicago in July.

Seriously, these are kittens...adorable, playful baby cats, with a little or no underfur.  Therefore, some parts of their skin is exposed, especially around their face and paws.  According to what I've researched, this was an natural mutation.  Their fur is soft, and that warm skin just completely melted my heart!

After only a few moments, I fell in LURV!

I am proud to say that my favorite breed is RESCUED, but I'll always have a fillip of desire for a Lykoi cat, now that I've played with these two.  They are beautiful, unique, and I am so glad that I had the chance to meet them in the fur...skin...well, you know what I mean!

I have the contact information for the breeder; actually, we chatted for a good long while.

16 comments:

  1. We never heard of those but they sure are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of them. They have long toes like Sphynx, but as they are partially furless that is probably why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lykoi...I am not at all familiar with them but this one is adorable and too funny fishy name Koi is in its name.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an unusual cat. Never heard of them before...and I missed seeing them at Meow MeetUp. ~Island Cat Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are adorable. I just read about them in Catster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for introducing me to this beautiful breed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was a Lykoi at the cat show I was at today! They aren't accepted yet as a full registered breed in CFA, but they are working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard about this breed from the Cole and Marmalade FB page. The kittens are cutie pies :) They seem lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful baby! I love to see new breeds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a little doll! Our mom would be teasing those ears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We never heard of that breed, they are very pretty. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mom likes to visit cat shows, too, but I don't think she's ever met a Lykoi in purrson, let alone pet one. That is so-o cool that you got to! Tummy tickles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve never heard of lykoi kitties before but they are very pretty for sure! Reminds me of lilikoi fruit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Their fur looks distinctive; is that caused by the lack of under-fur?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is a precious little one, never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....