12 June, 2020

Angel Sammy

Six years ago, on June 12, 2014, I helped Sammy leave his earthly body to run freely into the light.

I hadn't expected it; we were at the veterinarian's for a dental appointment.

The vet said that Sammy was very sick, his mouth was very messed up, and no amount of dental work or antibiotics was going to pull him back 100% into the world of the living.

I cried, sobbed, and rained tears down upon Sammy's fur.

He looked at me, and said, "Let me go now".




You can hear Sammy's meow, which sorta sounded like 'Arf!' to me!

As I type this, I look at the heart-shaped urn that holds Sammy's cremains.

Even though he was an outside-only cat, and feral until he was feeling too unwell to want to run away, his presence and purrsonality made a huge impact on me.

Hope you are resting in peace, Angel Sammy, and that you know that I will always love you.

💔💕💔

Jigsaw Puzzle

20 comments:

  1. A handsome mancat indeed. They are so precious and they live in our hearts forever.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome Tuxie Guy he was too.
    My blessings on you for loving and giving him a home and then loving him enough to go OTRB
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in peace, Sammy. And hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave him a much better life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious boy, what a hard loss. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in tears cause I know the pain you went through. You did the best thing for Sammy....even though it was a slice through your heart. Isn't it great that when we heal a bit we have memories....film in our mind,

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a heartbreaking shock that must've been for you. He was darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so sorry .. their love is always with us.
    Tank's mouth is not in great shape. We have begun a antibacterial additive to the water bowls. IT should help all the cat's mouths. HE's still eating like a champ........but it worries me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purrs as you remember Angel Sammy this day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweetheart and I know he enjoyed your love and appreciated your kindness. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was extremely difficult for you. we all of us here understand and share that heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you hugs as you remember your sweet boy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were his best friend. ❤️️

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's kinder to let them go when they need to go, rather than when we are ready to let them go. And are we ever ready? He's waiting for you, no longer feral.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He trusted you enough to come to you to end his suffering. That's an honor. It doesn't matter if they don't live in your home. They touch your heart wherever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember your post when Sammy left this world. My heart broke..it was such a sad news. Glad he had you caring and loving him. Sending hugs as you remember Sammy xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sad anniversary. Lots of purrs to you as you remember Sammy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a tough day for you. ~hugs~ Your loving heart is a blessing to this world.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....