05 June, 2020

The Joe Grey Books

The Joe Grey Series
written by Shirley Rousseau Murphy

Cat on the Edge (book 1) 1996
Cat Under Fire (book 2) 1998
Cat Raise the Dead (book 3) 1999
Cat in the Dark (book 4) 1999
Cat to the Dogs (book 5) 2000
Cat Spitting Mad (book 6) 2001
Cat on the Money (short fiction) 2010 
Cat Laughing Last (book 7) 2002
Cat Seeing Double (book 8) 2003
Cat Fear No Evil (book 9) 2004
Cat Cross Their Graves (book 10) 2005
Cat Breaking Free (book 11) 2005
Cat Pay the Devil (book 12) 2007
Cat Deck the Halls (book 13) 2007
Cat Playing Cupid (book 14) 2009
Cat Striking Back (book 15) 2009
Cat Coming Home (book 16) 2010
Cat Telling Tales (book 17) 2011
Cat Bearing Gifts (book 18) 2012
Cat Shout for Joy (book 19) 2016
Cat Shining Bright (book 20) 2017
Cat Chase the Moon (book 21) 2019

Image taken from http://www.joegrey.com/
A few days ago, Shirley Rousseau Murphy's Facebook page reported that there will be no more Joe Grey books.

I discovered Joe Grey in 2009, while on a 6-month layoff from my job.

There was a lot of time to read!

I purchased every book, instead of checking them out from the library...that's how much I LOVE Joe Grey!

After that, every new book was snapped up on the day it was released.

All good things come to an end, but wait...there's more!

While researching the series, I've just discovered that all of the books are on audiobook.

Woo Hoo!

I've already re-read all of the books many times, but now...I get to listen to them!

Sad to see Joe Grey, Dulcie, and their furry and human families fade away, but I'll never forget these fabulous stories.

And for those who don't know the series...I'll let you in on a secret:

Joe Grey...the cat...can talk!

And he feels it's his duty to assist the local police in solving crime.

Disclaimer:  I received no compensation for this post.  I write about things that interest me, and that I believe will interest my readers, and give my honest opinions.
*** 

20 comments:

  1. WOW, that's a lot of books, and they sure must be goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long list of books. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Now you get to listen to them and that will be a whole new experience.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. I have cut and pasted the list. I not sure how long it will be before I'm comfortable checking out books from libraries so I'm ordering my summer reading. Even before C19 I was picky about library books. So many of them smell like cigarette smoke and have spots of unknown origins on pages...yes I am a germaphobic
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! Bet you can find this series easily in new books.

      Delete
  4. I will have to check these out; thank you for the tip. My mom is a huge mystery fan and each Christmas I get her another "series "

    THANX !! ☺☺♥3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to check this series out! Here, we know cats can talk ... shutting them up is another matter entirely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy. I have to respond to hug your cat day. Beatles was all out of sorts yesterday. I think a combination of our flyway diffuser was out of liquid. Fox have been screaming loudly right on our driveway the past few nights, and neighbors cats are free roaming again. I gave him a med and he had a bad reaction to it. I hugged him until 330 in the morning .I laid on the cool bathroom floor with him. I syringe fed him water. I gave him peroxide. Only a small bit of vomit. We were so hot he and I in the tiny ante room where i brought a littler box so I could close the door and let him not be harassed by the other very interested cats. I gave him a bit of a bath of cool water. I dipped his paws in cool water. he didn't fight at all. Then I had to open that darn door for some air and I thought a bat flew in. IT was an enormous moth thank God. He's fine today. I will not use that medication on him again. I did all I could to think it thru and watch him . I set my alarm every 20 minutes to open my eyes and check him He got a million hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is just fine! Im so relieved. >He's eating like a champ. Need to find another way to help his anxiety. the ativan was not the answer. The feiliway doesnt seem to work. . Any oils or OTC things I could try?

      Delete
  7. I love this series - I am sorry she ended it, but then I read that she is 92, so she is entitled to retire I guess !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the Joe books but for some reason it just didn't quite click. I'm a huge fan of The Cat Who books though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will try these as soon as I get through The Klepto Cat Mystery series. I am on book 34 of 41. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. No more Joe Grey books, NOOOOOOO! Oh well, I'll just have to re-read them again in tribute - Joe Grey and Dulcie rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these but they sound good. BTW, if you like talking cats, have you checked out the Wick Chronicles? They are science fiction but Wick, the cat, is the star.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....