Sunday, July 26, 2026

In Gray


Now that all of my siblings are retired, and Mom is in assisted living, we tend to gather at least once a month for various reasons.

Long ago, we scoffed at the old saw about the elderly always talking about their ailments.

Well, over a couple of meals last week, we discussed feet, heart, mammography, hearing, and the ability to recall items from the past...and, of course, 'kids these days!'

So, a few silly memes to share the truth of the matter; we're ancient.

Yep, we've gone and done it!

I've forbidden the 'o' word at Eastside Cats, preferring 'aged' or 'seasoned'.

After all, The Hubby has more years on him than I.

😹 😹 😹 

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the funny memes. We all hope we have many more years ahead. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cute cartoons. Especially the face on the last cat. Yes that's what happens when we get older, you start talking about what hurts. But you also remember the good times and you share those too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our #1 says she avoids talking about ailments as it gives them "food for growth"! Her first email was virginia@gol.com (predating gmail!!!).

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being of a certain age, our mom loved these, especially the expression on the last kitty's face. The topic of conversation when we are with a group of friends always begins with: Who here still has all their original body parts? Our mom thinks you are very lucky to still have siblings and your mom! Cherish them. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cartoons for the 'ancient' years which seem to suddenly appear ~ lol ~ Be well ~
    Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. dee mum hatez win anywun harshes her mellow

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny about the gmail address, except for the fact I'm bound to get that response some day. LOL Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. V....you will always be young at heart ....seasoned....is a good word !!! ☺☺♥♥ L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved these pics and the blog. The more seasoned I am, the less I like enduring those who still need turning over again and thoroughly peppered!! I always am willing to provide the salt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aging... I watched "Godzilla" (2014) yesterday, and realised that I have so much sympathy for him because the movie is about a very old guy who's wakened from a great nap by someone he doesn't like doing something he doesn't like. No wonder he wanted to kill it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aged and seasoned are good. I like experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seasoned? I’m fried to a crisp, I think. Thanks for the funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes - every get-together becomes an :organ recital."

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the memes. Seasoned definitely sounds better than the o word.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thsoe are good and so is yummy foods!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good memes! And I remember when Gmail was the new thing, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....