"Each year the International Day of Peace is observed around the world on 21 September. The UN General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire.
This year, it has been clearer than ever that we are not each other’s enemies. Rather, our common enemy is a tireless virus that threatens our health, security and very way of life. COVID-19 has thrown our world into turmoil and forcibly reminded us that what happens in one part of the planet can impact people everywhere.
In March, UN Secretary-General António Guterres called on all warring parties to lay down their weapons and focus on the battle against this unprecedented global pandemic. While the message is intended for armed parties, solidarity and cooperation across borders, sectors and generations are also needed to win this new fight against the worst public health crisis of our time."
Visit UN.org for more details.
Let us all do what we can to make our world less violent and more peaceful.
1. Smile more, even when wearing your mask. Your eyes will show the smile!
2. If you see a post that you doesn't match your opinion...scroll past it.
3. Sincerely try to walk in another's shoes; we cannot know what trials they are going through just by looking.
4. Reach out to those that you haven't communicated with recently.
4. Discontinue use of Round Up, which poisons not only the weeds, but damages insect life, birds, and our water systems.
Peace and love to you all!