14 February, 2022

Library Lovers Day!

 February 14 is Library Lovers Day, as well as The Feast of St. Valentine, or St. Valentine's Day.

I love books, I love cats, and I love libraries too!

The above pins were gifted by a dear friend who knows me!
Am also on the Board of Trustees for my local public library, and we are in the middle of a huge renovation of our 1969 building, bringing it into the 2020's!

Sure, libraries are about books, but they are for research, for knowledge, for gathering, and for gaming.

Meeting spaces, genealogy and historical collections, outdoor seating and gardens, children's engagement, and even a new Bookmobile to deliver items to the public AND as a sort of roaming piece of the library. 

Also, the library is where I like to go to talk to interesting patrons and the staff, plus attending seminars, films, live music, and authors talks.

My proposal to have a library cat was voted down, but I'll try again!
💓💗💓💗💓

12 comments:

  1. Hubby and I love books and libraries. Hubby has a library card and not a lot of folks have them anymore.

    ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ VALENTINE'S DAY! ☆
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned down a library cat?! Do they not have 'Dewey the library cat' on their shelves?!! I love all of those library quotes, but 'citizenship in the land of knowledge' is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a new library close to us but we've never been there yet. Yes, you do need a library cat. Happy Valentine's Day from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can talk them into getting a library cat. If anyone can, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe after reno they will re think the stance on a library cat !!!! ♥♥

    happee heartz day oh lovez two all; heerz two RED snapper for dinner !! ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup!!! Libraries are pawsome and necessary!!!!
    Purrs, Julie
    PS...Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo1
    Mum loves libraries and books...lots of books....and cats!!
    Happy Valentine's Day (again ;) )
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every library should have a cat. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our mom still remembers her first visit to a library--it was with her Brownie troop. She's loved libraries ever since. And we're with you--every library needs a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live for books. And libraries. And a cat in the library...can't be beat! I hope you get them persuaded. Books are like friends. And you can visit them over and over again! I do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a trustee? Good on you! I still have a library card but haven't been for a long while. Just driving past and looking inside makes me feel happy warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the library! I haven't been able to get inside of ours lately due to my surgery, so I'm grateful for the e book collection!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....