17 March, 2014

Top o' the morning...

An early photo of 'Tiger'
Just before TNR (no ear notch)
Silly Patty O'!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Only seems fair to write about Patty O'Malley today.  We trapped him on 3/20/12; he had started showing up around New Year's that winter.  At first, hubby was calling him Tiger, but his personality soon revealed him to be sweet, fun-loving and outgoing...and those green eyes!  This cat seemed Irish to me, or at least he'd kissed the Blarney Stone, and the name "Patty O'Malley" just jumped into my noggin.  

Since then, he has revealed that he is the top cat, and that he is friendly to humans.  In fact, his desire to be petted and loved on has rubbed off on the other 'o' cats.  Prior to Patty's arrival, neither Mama Mia nor Sammy allowed me within ten feet, and now they let me stroke their fur and get really close.  I pick up Patty and hold him to my chest, and he barely wriggles while I smooch him.  Patty has a distinctive squeeky noise he makes as he runs down the driveway to greet me.  And his dark fur stripes are the color of a pint 'o Guinness!

4 comments:

  1. Quite the Irish lad, I say! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sweet Patty! It's almost the next day, but happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patty's Day to you !
    signed,
    the kitty brats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty is gorgeous with green eyes and Guinness color stripes :-) And he sounds very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....