02 April, 2022

A Dog Named Troy


A co-worker called me at my desk on April 2, 2015, to tell me that he'd seen a dog in the office parking lot.

The poor baby was frozen in terror or pain, but enjoyed the bowl of water that we gave him, and the insides of sandwiches leftover from a luncheon meeting.

I called my friends at Paws for the Cause Feral Cat Rescue, who through their network, found a rescue who could take in the dog.

Turns out, this was a puppy mill dog, and at that time, small, white dogs were being dumped all over the area.

Named Troy, and after extensive veterinary care, he was adopted!

Using my Prisma app and the Constellation filter, I created this artwork in honor of how it takes all of us to care for abandoned and stray animals in our neighborhoods.
At the time I posted this, I could not upload a jigsaw puzzle, but I'll keep trying!

 Let's Hop!
Click on the badge above to visit Athena Cat Goddess!

18 comments:

  1. Poor dog. I am glad Troy got his forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good ending to a nasty situation. Lovely artwork, too.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for Troy, and good for you for getting him to a rescue. He'll have the life he deserves now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to so many for helping out that sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwww,what a sweetie.
    I am so glad you cared for him by finding a safe place for him to go to and be safe :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I woo wonder how he is doing. What an awful thing he had to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you rescued Troy and that he has a good home now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How horrible for the poor baby - and how lucky he met you. We would love to know how he's doing now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful you were to help the poor little guy. We, too, are glad that Troy now has a new home. Fabulous artiness, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little pup, I'm so glad you got him to where he will be loved and cared for - what a relief! You are all Superheroes you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I do more than offer hugs, my head will explode over animal cruelty. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A…a…woofie on Eastside Cats? Gasp! It does take a village.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My gosh, that's terrible. Very glad you stepped in to help. I'm sure this dog is now living the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that Toby had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww..that's so sad, but thankfully you were there to rescue him💗Extra Good Luck Pawkisses for Troy🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....