06 April, 2022

National Tartan Day

National Tartan Day is a North American celebration of Scottish heritage on 6 April, the date on which the Declaration of Arbroath was signed in 1320. It originated in Canada in the mid-1980s, and spread to other communities of the Scottish diaspora in the 1990s.
Great Scot's 'Ukraine Forever' Tartan - The Weaving Process
Click on the badge above to visit The Cat On My Head

The Hubby's family has a tartan:
Blake
Sweetie just wasn't in the tartan mood; that sunshine was too glorious, I guess!

Disclaimer: I've included links the Great Scot and Fine Art America, and mention the artist as a courtesy to my readers. I only post about items that I believe others will enjoy, and for no financial gain for myself.

16 comments:

  1. How cool that it is tartan cat!
    Mum's Mother came from Glasgow Scotland.
    She was a war bride :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tartan tabby is so cute! I am part Irish and Dutch on the maternal side and part Welsh on the paternal side, but as far as I know have no Scottish blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that tartan cat, and you look just fabulous, Sweetie. Look how beautiful stripes you have in the sun💗Enjoy! Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful information. I have some Scottish blood very deep inside me from many generations ago. It looks like sweetie was wearing Stripes instead of plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a lot of Scottish blood in me and British. British is the most and Scottish next with a decent amt. of Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm half Scot and absolutely love the tartans, and Sweetie too even if she isn't wearing one - MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Tartan cat. Well done.

    Have a fabulous National Tartan Day. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of Scottish blood on both sides of our family, too. I think we may have visited that tartan factory or one like it when we went to Scotland years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweetie...oh em cod...look at yur stripez !!!

    de gurlz familee iz most lee irish.. tho her haz never seen tartan, her haz seen de crestz :)♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool that your hubby's family has a plaid. Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog for the loss of Sammy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this post. Our huMoom has a clan McNeil scarf knitted by a lpcal woman who specializes in such things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! Maybe Sweetie's tartan *is* just stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Machines like that are mesmerizing, too. Be well, my dears.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....