15 November, 2023

Postcards from NYC: MoMA

 The Museum of Modern Art has so many iconic pieces of artwork, that my jaw hung open at every gallery.

I minored in Art History in college, and I saw these pieces as static slides projected against the classroom wall.

To stand in front of them, in real life, breathing the same air as they did...well, it was exciting and humbling.

Each of these were produced at pivotal times in the lives of the artist, and for the art world.

A few ultra special images:

"Christina's World"
Andrew Wyeth

"The Persistence of Memory"
Salvador Dali

"Unique Forms of Continuity in Space"
Umberto Boccioni



Water Lilies
6' 6 1/2" x 19' 7 1/2" (199.5 x 599 cm)
Claude Monet

"Broadway Boogie-Woogie"
Piet Mondrian

"Starry Night"
Vincent Van Gogh

"Les Demoiselles d'Avignon"
Pablo Picasso

"Campbell's Soup Cans"
Andy Warhol

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

12 comments:

  1. Until I saw your photo I never realised all Warhol's soup cans were different flavours! It must have been wonderful to see those famous paintings for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these are my all-time faves too.....Great Minds Think Alike???????

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. water lilies on your family room wall would
    be the BEST would it not ! 🐟💙😺‼️

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at Claude Monet. I love all things Monet.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same feeling of wonder, awe and delight at the Alte Pinakothek in Munich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet that was fun. I'd sure enjoy seeing everything there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starry Night is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a Monet in person, I'd love to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful experience to see all these masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The MoMA is a wonderful place, isn't it? What a treat to see those pieces in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To see a real Van Gogh (especially that one), a Wyeth, a Monet, a Dali... Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....