24 January, 2014

Old Man Winter



Here are a few photos of the 'o' cats taken yesterday, before it got really windy.  We heat up their bowls and food, hoping the warmth will keep everything mushy enough so they can get a full meal, before it starts to freeze.  On a day like today, however, with wind chills in minus, I've only put out kibble...which freezes too, but after a much longer time.  Sammy did not show up for breakfast or lunch, but he ate a good dinner, and so did Mia.  Patty has been acting a bit strangely; darting around, hiding in a box and NOT in a shelter, and he runs off to the neighbor's garden.  I cannot tell if all three are bunking together right now; my guess is that at least Mia and Sammy are.  Needless to say, my cat mama worries are on high alert; I hear the wind howling in the trees, and I am concerned about my three little furry friends.  Once the snow starts, the temps are supposed to rise...weird, huh?...and the wind will slowly ease.  Old Man Winter is having a himself a splendid time this year, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. The outdoor cats are very lucky that you're taking such good care of them. Hopefully they're finding someplace to stay relatively warm and dry. Having regular meals certainly helps them stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....