27 September, 2018

#Remember Me Thursday

Lola The Rescued Cat
Three Chatty Cats
#Remember Me Thursday® is a global awareness campaign uniting individuals and pet adoption organizations around the world as an unstoppable, integrated voice for orphan pets to live in forever homes, not die waiting for them.

On September 27, 2018, the entire world will share the importance of pet adoption, and shine a light on all orphan pets waiting in shelters and rescues. In 2017, people using #RememberMeThursday reached nearly 330 million people on social media.

As for Eastside Cats, Angel and Chuck were adopted as young kittens from a family who didn't spay their cat.  Manny and Chili Bruce were adopted as older kittens at a pet store that showcases cats from the Michigan Humane Society.  Hobo, Sammy, Paddy O'Malley, and Sweetie simply showed up in the yard, so we 'adopted' them too!

The Hubby claims that he was the first stray that I took in, but he's being silly.



And, being thankful for our adopted family members...
Let's Hop!

Brian's Home Blog Hop

19 comments:

  1. we love that you adopt and also save those that just "show up"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, resc Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!ue and adoption rocks, totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 1000% agree with every word
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chuckled at your husband being the first stray you took in. That's a good one.

    We've always gotten rescue babies as they need us the most. Such wonderful memories.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to use that line with my husband, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy to see so many blogging about this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for shining a light on shelter pets today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your recycle photo! Thank you for adopting your best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we haz two street wize; three shelter anda can ya pleez take.... heer in de land oh trout !!! :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. MOL,
    That "recycle" photo is brilliant. Waving paws of friendship from The Tribe of Five who were all rescued.
    Purrs & Head Bonks,
    Alberto

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that recycle photo too! Adopting a pet is one of the most wonderful, important things any one of us can ever do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever with the recycle. Recycled kitties are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though my Human is a substandard servant, I really do wish efurry kitty --and woofie too-- could have a Human of their very own to take care of them. Even though I rarely say this, secretly I will admit my Human always takes very good care of me. I sort of love her In my way. And my way involves drawing a little blood sometimes. Not that much, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My human says she had to stop collecting human strays after a while because they were less well behaved than kitties! Fortunately she found a relatively tame human.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kitties in your life are very lucky to have found you! And your husband, too, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Tamago...they are very lucky to have found you two. You are a couple after my own heart...filled with love and care for the innocent and helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaaaaaaaaaaw Your hubby sounds amazin'. But, he'd have to be to have someone as pawsum as you. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....