21 December, 2018

Ouchie!

Stairway, with vertical scratcher.
The kitchen door is on the left.

In case you didn't know, years ago we installed a cat walkway around the walls of our dining room, and The Hubby created a stairway.  The stairway has a tall scratcher post (made from a discarded carpet tube and sisal rope), and pieces of commercial carpeting on each step.  Chuck and Angel enjoyed it, and Da Boyz use it to chase each other, and to look down upon the world as if pondering the meaning of life.  From this image, you can see Chuck's portrait on the wall, a horizontal scratcher on the floor, next to an old typewriter.  (You'll have to ask The Hubby about the typewriter...)

Now, the ouchie part.  I reached down to retrieve a cat toy from behind the scratching post, and managed to bounce my noggin off a corner of the stairway!  No blood, no concussion, but I'm telling you, it smarted as much as anything!  Still stings, even.  No medical intervention needed, trust me, but my warning to all: BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Taking care of cats is dangerous work; there are teeth and claws, and spit and *you know*, plus the possibility of serious injury from cat toys and climby things!  Classifying myself as still an amateur cat-wrangler, this rookie mistake of clobbering my skull is an impawtant lesson learned.  You've got to keep your wits about you at ALL TIMES, and engender some own cat-like survival instincts!

Be safe out there, cat people!


Oh NO!
Tommy at The Poupounette is very sick...
Please drop by to leave comforting comments for #1

22 comments:

  1. That's a super cool and ouchie stairway!

    ReplyDelete

  2. what a wonderful stairway up to their Cat walk very much an enrichment exercise for da boyz. I hate bumping my noggin Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you need rubber bumpers on all those stair bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouchie indeed. Our mom would do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when I ring my bell. It's been some time ago, but it does hurt for a long time. I'm glad you didn't need medical care.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh OUCH!!!!! The cats here would love a wall maze!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch indeed ! We agree with the Indulged Furries ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made my total DAY! You sure know how to cheer a kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you should start wearing a helmet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe we'll start to wrap you in bubble wrap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stairway is awesome! I'm so envious! With Chuck's picture there, it almost looks like a stairway to heaven. Of course, I never run out of things to hit my head on as it is, so maybe I'm just better off without any additional targets :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our mom would have done the same thing! She's also been known to regularly crack her forehead on the bathroom faucet when rinsing her face (it's kind of high-profile, but still). Glad you're OK!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you feel better soon. Glad you didn't get a concussion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that is a most FABulous kitteh stairway to heaven!!! How do I gets one Airedale size???? hmmmm....☺
    Oh noes! I am so glads your head is okay! Sendin' some POTP, cause I knows how peeps heads are not as thick as ours....BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees: I finally added you to my bloggie list so I won't miss any of your posties! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry you bashed your head, but that is a lovely stairway and walkway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh ouchie! But I’m glad it didn’t cause serious injury. I’ve hit my back, head, toe, on cat furniture many times. My boys may be thinking I’m very clumsy! By the way I really love your cat stairway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just as well the cats are there to look after you! I hope they gave you lots of cuddlies to help you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're sure glad you're okay. Mommy's hurt herself on our toys befur. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crap, I can feel the pain just from your description. At least you have hair to cushion any blow. Some of us don't - nor to hide the bump or leceration that makes everyone say, "Hey, what happened there?" a hundred times a day...

    ReplyDelete
  20. First off, glad you’re okay. Second...um, that is the coolest cat staircase!! Giving me ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope Christmas brings healing to your pal, Tommy.

    That is one grand staircase! Most excellent! Tummy tickles.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....