19 April, 2020

Remembering the Oklahoma City Bombing 25 Years Ago

The Oklahoma City bombing was a domestic terrorist truck bombing on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States on April 19, 1995.

Total number of deaths: 168
Non-fatal injuries: 680+

Image from Wikipedia, by Mark Pellegrino

25 years.

We thought it was the worst thing to ever happen.

Goes to show, we live in a world that moves at the speed of light.

Remember to make of your life what you will; you are driving your own bus!

No matter what can and will happen, it's how you respond to it that makes the difference.

The Hubby wonders why I allow Sweetie to wake me up multiple times a night.

My answer: I wouldn't have the chance to love on her...and she on me...if we were following a normal workweek.

I'll get sleep, but I want purrs, and paws making biscuits, and whisker kisses!

If we've learned anything for 25 years ago, it's this:

EVERY DAY is a precious time, and we each need to grab our delights while we can.

Peace and love to all.

***

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for remembering the Oklahoma City bombing, most of the TV news types are too busy with a virus stuck up their nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The times in which we have lived...
    My mama always told me it isn't the situation that matters...it is how you handle it.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOL MOL sorry to delete. At first my comment didn't show it then it did. I deleted the repeat

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been 25 years, hard to believe. So much has changed and still changing. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the small loving moments, it is important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mum says she remembers hearing about the bombing.
    We agree with your words xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember it. It was an unthinkable atrocity. Little did we know what would follow 6 years later.
    Treasure every moment. No-one knows if it will be their last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so true...gotta take every day and live it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very sad day then and a very sad day now.
    A crazed man killed 13 people in my province today.
    You are right, every day is precious and we need to grab our delights while we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so very sad; my heart goes out to you all.

      Delete
  10. Very well said. We will never forget. We are glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, we must cherish all the little beauteous moments in our lives, be they simple or complicated.These days we take way too much for granted.

    In 1974 or 5 there was a teenager who went into my former highschool and killed several students and teachers...and my brother was just moments before in the room(s) where he was in shooting, Oh Dear.
    He came home white as a sheet...and I too mourned the loss of some of my fave teachers and I knew some of the students too. (I was in my first year of college...)
    Always be ready, and always tell your loved ones that you DO love them dearly...cause you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 says the fancy words for that are "Carpe Diem". We haven't seen any carps yet...

    Purrs,
    Tama and Genji

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard to believe twenty-five years have passed. ~shakes head~ Sweetie is so blessed. Thanks for convincing her to stay inside. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sadly, another event that we should never forget. I have a coworker who was in the military at the time and was stationed at the perimeter near the daycare after the bombing. He said it was the most difficult duty of his 20-year career. He could barely speak about it.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....