04 August, 2021

Canvas

Sweetie-nes-day!

We do not trim Sweetie's nails, and we mostly stay clear of those murder mitts.

However, the bedclothes take a real beating!

I mentioned this to family members who gifted us with yards of heavy, canvasy fabric, to use as an experiment.

Which fabric, tossed across the bed, will keep Sweetie from constantly having pull her claws out of the quilt?
The selections, laid out and inspected.
Pale pink canvas.
Dark brown canvas, although it doesn't look dark in this image.
Close up of the murder mitts...and why pale pink is not such a good color for a shedding black cat!

 The brown canvas belonged to my late grandfather.

The pale pink is the purrfect size for the bed, and we'll keep it de-furred.

There is also a small piece of floral canvas, which will nicely wrap the chair that Sweetie uses as her backyard window look-out.

There was a length of blue denimy stuff, which was dreamily soft, but Sweetie's claws caught in it too easily.

What we do for our furbabies!

17 comments:

  1. Yes and what we do for our babies is worth every minute.

    Have a purrfect day, Sweetie. My best to your siblings and your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie looks quite happy with to new bed gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thatz sum awesum clothe ewe waz gifted sweetie !!! :) ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which color compliments her furs, THAT is the question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my cod, those are lethal! And I thought I had murder mitts! I do not even come close…

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see no hair. I see amazing creatures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet that family members sent you these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh...Mommy said the vet gave her what -for when I had my dental. They said one nail curled to touch my pad. So they hewed them down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Queen Nellie had murder mittens like that! It took Mom 5 years before she finally could trim all of her toe nails in one sitting. I think it was a year of pad playing before I even attempted to trim the first one. It was worth it to save the sofa, the bed coverings and the chairs... I am currently working on Marv...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy you found a pawsome solution to the bed covering ;)
    Those murder mitts are lethal looking!!!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMC and I thought June's nails were long! She claws everything she can (incl me) ... but is no match for your Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. At our house everyone, cats, dogs, humans, get nails done weekly. It is a must for the health of the pets and the safety of all. No one likes the process, but it is done anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toby has a real set of Murder Mitts too. We had a bad problem with couches lasting 2 or 3 years till they were in bits and then switched to a leather Lazy Boy about 5 years ago. No problems so far and Toby and Rumpy love to give it a pull. Maybe a strip of leather too? We sure love seeing Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....