05 August, 2021

Too Many 'Hood Cats

Images snapped while on my neighborhood walk:
A neighbor's grandkids drew chalk stars, butterflies, and cats on the sidewalk.
Guy was happy to see me, and I him.
He's a stray that a neighbor is caring for.
One-eyed ginger, who has a home and humans, I'm told.
A mama kitty, whose three kittens hid from me.
Sure, it's fun to visit with the 'hood cats, but there are too many strays.

Folks think that they are being kind by feeding outside cats, but getting them TNR'd is what MUST BE DONE!

I speak of it to anyone who is interested, and to some who think it's someone else's problem.

Our communities need to get a grip on the overflow of intact cats; there are plenty of low-cost clinics in our area, and the county animal control will even assist with transporting trapped cats to the clinic and back again.  

I certainly cannot TNR my entire neighborhood, nor can I force my way onto other people's properties...as much as I'd like to, to help cats.

I know I'm singing to the choir.

I am so very thankful for fosters, trappers, neonatal kitten feeders, and the veterinary folks who go above and beyond to help cats in need.

We cannot adopt our way out of this!

TNR! TNR! TNR!

Let's Hop!

Click on the badge above to visit Brian's Home Blog!

18 comments:

  1. Yes, more need to TNR, it helps everyone, it really does. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This choir is singing along, and it is so important to talk to folks about it, I'm still amazed at how many folks don't know about TNR and low cost clinics. Keep spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure hope some in the "Hood" step up to help. Community cats are a community issue and need all hands on deck to get control of. Purrs for caring dear friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right. Need to TNR and everyone should be helping.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches to all the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sidewalk art. That is great that your animal control will transport cats. We used to have a lot of neighborhood cats, but we really don’t anymore. That is probably why Sawyer really stood out when he was spotted. You can only do so much. If you have a neighborhood forum, maybe you can convince some others to jump on the bandwagon. Good luck. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer & Kizmet

    ReplyDelete
  6. you do have an unreal number of cats in your area....I wonder why that is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wavez two ewe all on de east side !! :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish the babies were taken care of that way. You are 100% right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Mama, I hope someone will help her and her babies. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only reason my human feeds outside kitties is so she can get them TNR'd! Her neighbor knows it's important, but she would have dragged her feet for so long, it'd wind up creating even more generations of kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful sidewalk find! We wish those who don't TNR would.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like the entire neighborhood comes out to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mama-kitty needs her mothering days to end. What a victory it would be to catch all four, when the kittens are old enough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pawsome pics. I do hope the momma cat can be fixed so there will be no more kittens.
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful neighborhood friends, all. What mom and dad really don't like is when some idiot human decides they don't want/like/need their cat anymore and just dumpst them off somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sidewalk drawing is lovely!

    We used to have a lot of strays here in our little street. My Stinkie cat is actually a kitten from one of them. The whole street then got together, we contacted the local Pet Rescue lady and they came to catch the strays and they were neutered and then released again.

    Little Elza was also adopted from that organization! I know we are very fortunate to have such lovely people in our town and I know it's not the situation everywhere.

    Thanks for your awareness post! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....