Sunday, July 14, 2024

Happy Bastille Day, France!

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité (“liberty, equality and fraternity”)

Freepik Image
Haven't yet traveled to France, yet family members have, and they of course sent cat images to me!
Pierre Auguste Renoir
"Julie Manet With Cat", 1887
Musée d'Orsay
Pierre Bonnard
"Le Chat Blanc", 1894
Musée d'Orsay
Au Chat Bleu, Paris

I have read a few books that are based in France:

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by Victoria Schwab
The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
Peter May's The Enzo Files, 7 books with more to come, we hope
The Paris Key by Juliet Blackwell
Letters from Paris by Juliet Blackwell
The Bones of Paris by Laurie R. King
🇫🇷

13 comments:

  1. Dearest Vicky,
    Happy Bastille Day and I certainly do have a French connection:
    https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2012/07/1789-bastille-day-and-french-revolution.html
    Found in link at bottom...
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I see some interesting titles there that I need to see if the library has. And all that cat chocolate has my taste buds going, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat pictures, especially the first one by Renoir, are lovely. Pixie, who is one of the "befores", used to celebrate her birthday on Bastille Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dee cat in dee ren-waa lookz like he iz smiling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holiday to all of friends in France!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are great. Thank you for sharing and be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ to our French pet blogging friends ~ happy, happy ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read the first two on your list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Le Chat Blanc, reminds me of my Angel Phoebe. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love cats, and we loved visiting France and seeing so many cat-themed things there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope French cats aren't frightened of fireworks!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....