03 February, 2015

Angel Wins at Squares



Just for fun, the hubby and I played Super Bowl squares on Sunday.  Instead of just the two of us (what fun is that?), we added Chuck and Angel, and gave Sweetie and Patty a set of squares under 'O' for outside.

For the first half, the 'o' cats were doing well, but in the end, Angel won!  We played this game last year too, and Chuck won.  Don't know why us humans don't win...and we do all the work!

Note: Actually, no one wins anything...no money or kibble are exchanged; it's just a mental exercise!  

Anyhoo, it's an added giggle during the game, which sometimes can be downright boring when the score gets lopsided.  This year, I did not watch the half-time show...I was out shoveling snow!  Metro Detroit got 16.7 inches of the white stuff, the 3rd largest snow accumulation on the record books.  Patty seems to love the snow; he jumps around and does not seem to care about temperatures or precipitation.  Sweetie comes out for food, then quickly slides back into the Cat Hotel.  



P.S. To Rupert at Katnip Lounge, you have a lovely name!  Please forgive me if I offended by asking where your name came from.   (Actually, I wondered if he'd lost a bet...)  Mea Culpa, Rupert baby!



12 comments:

  1. We watched only a few minutes of the football game. The weather was so nice here (near 70) that the humans were out doing yard work, planting broccoli and strawberries, and I got to sit at the open window watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Angel for the big win! Kitties always win...no matter what game they play, don't they :-)
    Sounds supe cold there. Stay warm and safe, and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys...we getted a spit load oh snow az well, we canna even due any ice fishin on de pond.....sure we due knot even haza pond, but if we did, we still couldna fish....conga ratz angel on yur win, we wood dee mand pay mint ☺ !!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good day to stay inside where it's warm. And play games. and nap.. and eat... and shed....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Boston we got walloped twice in one week! There is simply no place to put the snow when you're shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And we're getting more snow right now! Enough already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's hilarious! But I think Angel should get something for her winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a lot of snow! Angel should get some nip for winning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Ruperts story, Trish always loves to answer any questions about her kitties.
    to answer your question about the birthday.....I was kind of freaked out this week about the number 55. To me its always been the Senior Citizen number. The thing is, I don't look my age. Some say I look 45 not 55...I got the good hair genes and have not a single gray hair yet. Watch-I bet overnight.....Boom! Anyway, now that the big day has come & gone, I'm ok with it. I think the old saying "you're only as old as you feel" is very true! Clelbrate in style when yours comes next month!!! Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had fun telling my story...thanks for the idea for a post!
    Xx. Rupert

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had fun telling my story...thanks for the idea for a post!
    Xx. Rupert

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....