14 February, 2015

Devoted...

...to worry!  It's bitterly cold, with sub-zero temperatures, and wind-chills in the negative double-digits.  Patty and Sweetie came out for some fresh kibble 30 minutes ago, and I poured fresh water for them.  But now the sun is setting, and I will pray and remain anxious for them all night long. Sure, we built them an insulated shelter, with a warming pad and wind-blocks, and straw...but it's sub-zero out there!  My peace-of-mind for Patty and Sweetie will probably not return until the end of March.  You've heard about the crazy cat lady, well...I'm going crazy because of the cats! I am devoted to their little furry hides, but I can DO NOTHING ELSE now.  Grace under pressure?  Not me!  Just wait and see?  Forget that...I'm pacing the floor.  Hearing the wind howl in the bare tree branches...in fact, the whole house is creaking and groaning in the gusts...and I'm close to hyperventilating.  Everything I planned for the 'o' cats was for this scenario; when the weather is too brutal.  How did I do? Only the next few days will tell.

Happy Valentine's Day to all; my heart is outside in The Cat Hotel.


10 comments:

  1. Aww, we can understand your concern. It is so brutal here - we just had our 4th blizzard in as many weeks. Our mom went out this morning to dig out the heating vents. We are very lucky to be indoor cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made so many preparations that I bet the kitties are snug in their insulated house - away from the wind and bitter cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think they will do well too. Their weatherized residence sounds quite suitable. But we understand.... we worry about those we care for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We feel the same way about the outside kitties that the dad-guy takes care of. It sure is cold here...and we hope they will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are truly an Angel. Praying the kitties are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Valentine's Day! I pray for all the poor kitties out in this, at least you have provided a safe place for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've really done everything you can...and Patty and Sweetie are so lucky to have warm place to stay. But I sure hope it gets warmer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outdoor kitties are very lucky to have such a loving home. I'm sure they will be fine. Just make sure their house entrance isn't completely buried in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happee bee lated hearts day o love everee one....stay safe N warm N inn side az much az ya can....yur momz way kewl that her cares.....♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope they survive the winter just fine and you end up feeling a little silly about all the worry ;)

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....