06 February, 2015

Book Review: The Story of Fester Cat


The Story of Fester Cat: How One Remarkable Cat Changed Two Men's Lives
Published by The Penguin Group, November 2014
ISBN 978-0-425-27504-7

Ungow!

A seasoned off-and-on again street cat decides he wants a permanent home, and he chose Paul and Jeremy to be his humans.  The three guys learn a lot about each other...and life...in this sweet story by Paul Magrs, as told by Fester himself.  With only one-and-a-half teeth, Fester's crooked grin brings a family together, as they sit in the backyard enjoying the pond, or typing feverishly in front of the computer.  With wonderful wry humor, Fester, Paul and Jeremy redefine rules to make their own oasis of love, with the help or non-help of neighbors, relatives, friends, and a parade of community cats.

P.S. Ungow is Fester's version of 'meow'.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds a lovely book! Ungow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, every single copy in our library system of this book is out! We'll have to keep our eyes open for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll have the mom check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fester! I had read the book from the library, but I liked it so much that I bought my own copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great book. I'll have to put in on my list for my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your lovely review! I love hearing that people are enjoying it - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....