08 February, 2015

Stray Whisker



Patty lost a whisker in the outside water bucket.  He's got the coolest whiskers; they start as dark brown or black nearest his face, then turn white on the ends.

Chucky's whiskers are all black, and Angel's are just plain white.  I've carefully saved a few shed whiskers from both cats...dunno why, just have...but Angel does a funny thing with hers.  If I find one of her long white whiskers, I'll often use it as a toy, and Angel will ALWAYS eat the thing!  She grabs it out of my fingers with her teeth, and she'll chew it down.  Weird...and kind of gross.  She also eats cobwebs, popcorn, and licks my sprouted wheat bread toast.  But the face she makes when I hold up a banana would have you rolling on the floor with laughter; it's as close to a Bitter Beer Face as any cat could manage!  I'll have to try to capture that face in a photo someday, as she scrunches up her nose and pulls her head back.

9 comments:

  1. I got the idea from another cat blogger, but I save all the whiskers I find by dropping them in a small vase. They look like a lovely swirled artwork. I wish I'd begun sooner, but I've collected them for maybe 4 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you brought back a wonderful memory!! My Angel Bobo used to eat his discarded whiskers too! (or try to)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mom saves our whiskers when she finds them. She's got a whole pile of them. We wonder what she's gonna do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty's whisker sure looks cool! Angel, that's weird but very funny, too. Wonder if whiskers taste any good!
    I would love to see her bitter beer face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selfies. It is funny what some cats like, my KaChoo used to love bananas, but all the others make that face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. patty...make sure ya tell de food ladee ya want yur whiskez put bak in place....de food serviss gurl heer saves whiskerz her findz....itza good sign.. sew de ole saying goez......N angel....we haza butter lover heer two...boomer !!! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such beautiful whiskers. Our Mom doesn't like it when we lose whiskers. She stepped on them a couple of times and she says our whiskers are sharp and then she has to pull them out of her foot like a splinter. Hehehehe-we are so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha ha! We hate the smell of bananas too!

    Do you know what? Izzy will eat anything on the floor, and if my mom doesn't find things first, this can include rug bits from the scratching posts and even claws! How gross is THAT???

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cool whisker. I save all found whiskers and have a collection from each of our 5 cats. I can tell them all apart by color, except for two cats who both had grey/white whiskers. I've never had a kitty eat a whisker before. That is unique.
    Raven seeks out cobwebs to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....