Just a quick note to tell you all that the cosmic tumblers clicked into place for the kitten yesterday, and a foster appeared as if by magic. Consensus is that this baby is 3-1/2 to 4 weeks old, and too young to be without mama's milk. Covered in fleas and mud, the kitten drank about three tablespoons of formula at first go. The Hubby and I were very worried when the kitten ate no food, but neither of us have any experience with little, little kittens like this guy. Or girl...I'm sure I'll learn a lot more soon.
I did not sleep last night, thinking of how everything transpired:
1) I drove down a road I rarely take for my morning commute
2) Had a fresh, clean carrier in the trunk
3) Had contacts around Metro Detroit that were galvanized to help out
4) The Hubby pitched in and helped me to help the kitten
5) A surprise foster appeared, when I was sure none would be found for another couple of days or even weeks
Thank you all for your good wishes; I'm sure I'll have updates on the kitten's progress!
P.S. I drove down the same street again today, with my eyes peeled for any mama cat or other kittens running around. Saw nothing, but I'll continue to eye-ball the area at every chance I get! Only a mile from my accident in January, and on the same road. What is the cosmos trying to tell me?