10 September, 2015

Found Kitten Update

Just a quick note to tell you all that the cosmic tumblers clicked into place for the kitten yesterday, and a foster appeared as if by magic.  Consensus is that this baby is 3-1/2 to 4 weeks old, and too young to be without mama's milk.  Covered in fleas and mud, the kitten drank about three tablespoons of formula at first go.  The Hubby and I were very worried when the kitten ate no food, but neither of us have any experience with little, little kittens like this guy.  Or girl...I'm sure I'll learn a lot more soon.

I did not sleep last night, thinking of how everything transpired:

1) I drove down a road I rarely take for my morning commute
2) Had a fresh, clean carrier in the trunk
3) Had contacts around Metro Detroit that were galvanized to help out
4) The Hubby pitched in and helped me to help the kitten
5) A surprise foster appeared, when I was sure none would be found for another couple of days or even weeks

Thank you all for your good wishes; I'm sure I'll have updates on the kitten's progress!

P.S. I drove down the same street again today, with my eyes peeled for any mama cat or other kittens running around.  Saw nothing, but I'll continue to eye-ball the area at every chance I get!  Only a mile from my accident in January, and on the same road.  What is the cosmos trying to tell me?

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad a foster was found for the little kitten. Hopefully kitty will warm up to people and make a great house cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY !!!!! we iz buzzed happee wee tuxie haz a foster......heerz hopin him all sew findz hiz for everz.....& heerz hopin mom & any siblings iz aye oh kay two ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great you've found a foster home for the kitten! The kitten is really lucky that you took the road you rarely take :-) I look forward to the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear a foster was found. it is so strange to just find kittens in unlikely places...glad you happened to be there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! The stars are aligned for you (and for the wee kitten)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was meant for you to go down that road. We're glad the kitten is safe and in good hands now.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....