22 May, 2019

Postcard From Denver: Walking Day 1

Thank you for your kind words as I unexpectedly mourned Chuck in my last post!
You all are the Cat's Pajamas, the Bee's Knees, the Monkey's Eyebrows!

😻💖😻

And now...Denver, Colorado!

Nestle Purina Pet Care Co. Warehouse, as seen from the freeway

A Denver U.S. Mint building; there are several!
Did you know that the U.S. Mint is NOT run by the U.S. Government?!?

Denver City Hall, in panorama

Fabric Cat Head Costume, at The Denver Art Museum

Caricature of "Whistler's Mother", with Siamese Cat

Yes, that's a cat at the bottom, but it's more like a little piglet!

Another cat image from the Denver Art Museum
The exhibition "Serious Play" was a collection of items from 1950-60's, organized around three themes—the American home, child’s play, and corporate approaches to design—encouraging visitors to consider how design connects to their daily lives.

Huge artwork outside; I was being silly while between the monoliths. And no, I did not bring The PO'M along to style my head...😸

We toured The Molly Brown House Museum, which had some fabulous lion statues!

"Pete the Cat" stuffies at The Tattered Cover Bookstore

My new bestie, Barrie, at The Tattered Cover Bookstore
Yes, her dress is all cats, and we discussed the cat book section, and everything 'cat'!
(Ellen, from 15 And Meowing, I told her to stock your books in the kids section!)
Denver, Colorado, and it's environs; what a fabulous place to visit!  We were there and back before the snowstorms hit, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to walk, walk, walk, then drive, drive, drive!

On our first full day, we toured The U.S. Mint, and then The Denver Art Museum.  The two locations were a few blocks apart, so we walked.  We encountered a couple carrying a cat; next door was a vet's office!  Not quick enough on the uptake to snap a photo.

Just another five blocks to The Molly Brown House Museum, and we arrived for the last tour of the day.  What a fabulous place, and Margaret Brown was one heck of a person, and she NEVER yet by Molly!  It was rush hour as we walked back to the car, so we decided to hang out at The Tattered Cover Bookstore, which was huge, fun, and luckily, full of nice chairs to rest our weary bones.  While there, I met Barrie, who is a huge cat lover, and we chatted and chatted, and had the best time!  Remember, Denver made it illegal to declaw cats...YAY!

A welcoming restaurant was next door to the bookstore, and there was vegan food for me, and normal food for everyone else, but wouldn't you know it, everyone wanted the cauliflower starter!  Our evening was spent enjoying our favorite TV show, "The X-Files".  What a great day: coins, cats, artwork, cats, museum, cats, books, cats...then aliens!

👽🐈👽

17 comments:

  1. You guys sure packed in a lot of fun stuff! ...and this is just one day! I think you've already seen more than me and I LIVE here! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cool sights, love all the cat goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the kitty goodies.

    I love Denver too and need to visit again. So much to do.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Never been to Denver yet, but looks like a city to go to. Have a great time and can't wait to see more photos.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every single one of those pictures! I didn't know that about the Mint! And I never dreamed there would be so many things I would love there in Denver!!! And CATS! How fortunate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for telling Barrie to stock my book :) That was sweet of you. I like her dress. And I love the art. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cattastic day! Did the Mint give out samples?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, they had some nice houses back then. I rather hate to see them turned into museums, though. They should be for living in.

    I wish our town had some decent bookshops...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun you are having! Love that bookshop, and yes, she should stock Ellen's books for sure. Enjoy the mile high city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat--look at all the cat stuff you've found. Love the apron.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day you had with many great places you visited! The cat head costume is very cute :-)
    It's wonderful declawing is made illegal in Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  12. V: your vacation was great !! thanx for sharing about it; { I never knew the mint
    was not run by the government } the museum pieces are awesome and it's always fun to meet someone in a different city with a similar interest !! ☺☺♥♥ hi to the crew ~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that dress! What a great tour of Denver! I've never been, but it looks like I need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, touring museums, now that's a great vacation and worth walking for!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....