10 June, 2019

Farewell, Dr. John

A favorite musician for The Hubby left this world last week.  He's seen Dr. John at several venues over the years, since he was a huge music fan.   The Hubby was/is a bonafide hippie, just so you know.  My one and only time enjoying a live Dr. John performance was years ago in Detroit.

Dr. John's music defies definition, yet he's had several big jazzy, rock-and-roll hits, that continue to get radio air-time today.  My favorite: "Right Place Wrong Time"



I found no images online of Dr. John with a cat, but his super-long ponytail with its many bands of colors kind of look like a cat's tail.  In addition, in the jazz world, where Dr. John lived, a 'cat' has another meaning...

R.I.P. Dr. John, Night Tripper

😿🎡😿

14 comments:

  1. A wonderful tribute. I liked him too.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mom and Dad have him on their playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Godspeed Dr John and thanx for the tunes ~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be greatly missed Dr. John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of folks with musical abilities...
    Farewell Dr. John and I know all the angels will be singing with you
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. As my meowmy says... all her childhood idols and memories are heading to heaven. What a concert there will be up there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That song is the one I always think of first when I hear the name Dr. John. Farewell to a genuine original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that's too bad. The mom liked that song too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby is more of a Credence fan, but he mentioned to me about Dr. John's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always sad when people pass on.
    Party going on in heaven :)
    Mum remembers that song :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Mama Roux" was our mom's fave of his. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed Dr. John and was sad to learn of his passing.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....